Take a Chance with the Sigma Mod

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7
posted on January 11th, 2012, 5:37 am
Last edited by The Undying Nephalim on April 3rd, 2013, 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Take a chance with the Fleet Ops mod Sigma: Sigma mod for Star Trek: Armada II - Mod DB

The multiplayer base is still very small (try non-existent), so I have once again returned to lure in some more people with the cinematics. Perhaps Sigma will provide a fun alternative while we all patiently await the next epic Fleet Ops patch?
posted on January 11th, 2012, 11:22 am
Last edited by kainalu on January 11th, 2012, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will try again. Eager to see the new features of recent. I remember playing before, and it was fun.  :thumbsup:

Epic video BTW  :D
posted on January 11th, 2012, 11:25 am
I have been playing around a little bit recently. I would put in an online game or 2. Also, are you planing any more updates?
posted on January 11th, 2012, 2:19 pm
Yeah, I think the only word to describe that video is EPIC.  Great job as always TUN. :thumbsup:
posted on January 11th, 2012, 2:48 pm
Nice work on the cinematics  :thumbsup:
posted on January 11th, 2012, 5:11 pm
hey I tried to download the game but after I get to the part where its all in winzip what do I do then?
posted on January 11th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Nephalium could you make the downloads easier for newcomers by combining all of it into one? :)

also.. Ekoset only got a few second of screen time??? D: they are like m FAVORITE race!! D:
posted on January 11th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Last edited by The Undying Nephalim on January 11th, 2012, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@derentis
Yeah both the V.R.A. and Zevestivan are being redone from scratch with new models (the ones in the cinematic here). I'll post a news article about it on ModDB in a day or so. Other then that I've just been working on all the cinematics for the campaign.

@fa11out
Just paste the folder in the rar file into the "mods" folder of your fleet ops directory. I'll be sure to make it a simple .exe for the next update as Arash suggests.

@Arash8472
It took them too long to build up their forces, by the time they were ready to attack the video was over.  :whistling:
posted on January 11th, 2012, 11:31 pm
For my parts, I enjoyed my Sigma-trial last summer. But I'm engaged with too many other games at the moment. I'll definately try Sigma once more as soon as I got bored or done with the other games :)
posted on January 11th, 2012, 11:34 pm
RedEyedRaven wrote:For my parts, I enjoyed my Sigma-trial last summer. But I'm engaged with too many other games at the moment. I'll definately try Sigma once more as soon as I got bored or done with the other games :)

i'm at that stage too, way too many unfinished games, not enough time to finish them. rockstar really went nuts with the gta iv campaign, it's huge. shouldn't have started replaying it for nostalgia. first world problems are tough.
posted on January 12th, 2012, 1:46 am
The Undying Nephalim wrote:@derentis
Yeah both the V.R.A. and Zevestivan are being redone from scratch with new models (the ones in the cinematic here). I'll post a news article about it on ModDB in a day or so. Other then that I've just been working on all the cinematics for the campaign.

Good to hear. I was unaware that there was going to be a campaign. I look forward to that. :thumbsup:
posted on January 12th, 2012, 3:36 am
Where is the mods folder I don't have one
posted on January 12th, 2012, 4:01 am
Just create a folder called "mods" in the root:

Fleet Operations/data/mods/Sigma

:thumbsup:
posted on January 12th, 2012, 5:16 am
Extracting to "C:Program Files (x86)ActivisionStar Trek Armada II Fleet OperationsDatamods"
Use Path: yes  Overlay Files: no
Extracting dataaddonspiralfos1.sod
Irrecoverable Error:  Output creation error.

What does that mean?
posted on January 12th, 2012, 6:01 am
Check to see if C:Program Files (x86)ActivisionStar Trek Armada II Fleet OperationsDatamods exists

If it does, you may need administrator privileges to extract there. On windows vista or 7, you can right click on the program ( eg. winzip) and click run as administrator
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7