KA2: Empire at War 1.2 beta

1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
posted on November 25th, 2014, 1:21 pm
Actually was going to post an update last night, but I um, ahem, fell asleep.

Only boring code-y things to report but, important none the less. I have reverted the GDDS Defensive Mode to a Corbomite Reflector style weapon. This should fix the crashes that have been occurring.

I've also decided to switch fighters to work like FleetOps style fighters. They are automatically spawned from carriers now, and attack automatically. Hydran Outposts get fighters (but others do not, apart from the Lyrans and Gorns which use Psuedo-Fighters) . Also, all Hydran combat ships (except the Scout Frigate) carry fighters, the Yeoman Class Frigate carrying 2, Knight and Paladin DDs and DLs carrying 3 etc and the types depending on the weaponry of the carrier ship (for example, the Yeoman has a Hellbore Cannon, so it carries Fusion Beam fighters. The Knight Class Destroyer is armed with Fusion Beams, so it carries Hellbore Cannon fighters. The Fleet Carrier carries 6 of each type. )
posted on November 25th, 2014, 6:00 pm
Very cool info, and again i em sorry to bother you. :sweatdrop: It is always great when we 'the community' getting some information about things. :rolleyes: Thank you for your time and hard work! :thumbsup:
posted on November 25th, 2014, 6:17 pm
Its no bother :) In fact you reminded me.
posted on December 16th, 2014, 3:55 pm
Another small update. Decided it was about time to pull finger out and get these changes implemented. All fighters now function as on FleetOps, including Pseudo-Fighters. If/When required technology is available, carriers may be upgraded to carry newer fighter types. (Outposts currently don't want to upgrade at the moment, researching a solution for that. Giving them the same replaceweapon type as the carriers doesn't work, as the button doesn't even appear!)

Changed the Gorn-Hydran Mixed Tech slightly. Instead of the Viper Class Pseudo-Fighter being upgraded with a GHRC, their unique PF Tender (and the Outpost eventually) will be able to support 9 Vipers rather than 6.

Information on fighter complements now also displayed in tooltips.

Also added an upgrade system to ISC vessels so they can upgrade from their original to their Disruptor Refit versions (FF, DD, DL, CA and DN)
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on December 16th, 2014, 11:18 pm
That is very cool news!... :thumbsup: Keep up the good work... 8)

P.S. "Luke i am your stfb"!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 2nd, 2015, 6:42 pm
Last edited by Tsar Ivaylo on January 3rd, 2015, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Squire James i just want to say Happy New Year!... :) :santa:
May this year bring you happiness, good luck and prosperity!... :heart: :clover: :pimp: :king:
I recently changed my username from ''stfb" to "Tsar Ivaylo", and i just want to be sure that you is cool with me about making youtube gameplay videos of "KA2: Empire at War"- ( WITHOUT MONETIZING THEM ) of course... :sweatdrop: :rolleyes: :)
Thank you for everything you are doing! :) :lol: :D 8) :thumbsup:

P.S. - By the way just for curiosity, what make you choose this particular "b'rel" model?... :ermm: :)
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 3:11 am
Basically I took pneumonic81s excellent B'rel model, darkened the textures to match KA, and reduced the poly count
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 5:26 am
Last edited by Tsar Ivaylo on January 3rd, 2015, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great, I like it... :) 8) :thumbsup:
About future gameplay videos - did i still have your permission?... :sweatdrop: ??? :) :D
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 4:42 pm
Of course. Make all the videos you like :)
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 4:51 pm
Thank you very much! :woot:
posted on April 13th, 2015, 9:56 am
Hi, i just wanna say, cool mod you have there!... :thumbsup:
Are you still working on it, or it's finished?
posted on April 13th, 2015, 11:37 am
It's largely finished, but I'll be putting out one additional patch (at least) to fix a bug in the GDDS system
posted on April 13th, 2015, 7:35 pm
OK, i have to say, i am really interested in your mod. :thumbsup:
I really think that we lack good Star Trek games set in this particular timeline!... :ermm:
But your mod changes that! :rolleyes:
posted on April 15th, 2015, 10:11 pm
By the way is there a special reason for some of the torpedoes (from the starbases, and some of the ships) to be so big? :o
I am not complaining by the way, i'm just asking! :sweatdrop:
posted on April 16th, 2015, 4:42 am
Which torpedoes exactly? The plasma ones tend to be larger than their photon counterparts, but there are none that are especially massive.
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18