Mirror Universe Fleet Operations

posted on January 31st, 2016, 1:34 am
Exactly what the title says. Star Trek Armada 2: Fleet Operations set in the mirror universe. Play as the Terran Empire, Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, Reman Star Empire, and the (mirror universe) Borg Collective, with modified ships, special weapons, and most especially graphics. :woot:

== How to Install ==
Copy and paste the "Mirror Fleet Ops" folder from inside the ZIP into the mod folder in your Fleet Ops installation, then just run Fleet Ops, go to the mod settings in options, and run the Mirror Fleet Ops mod.

== Future Features/What I Could Use Help With ==
-Cardassian voicing for Cardassian vessels. I won't be needing any help with this, I just haven't gotten around to it. :sleeping:
-New Breen ship names, with name prefix ABS (Allied Breen Ship), which I'll add if and when I can find dozens of different Breen names.
-Reman avatars for the Reman Star Empire - Anyone out there good at making avatar buttons?
-Multiplayer balance testing. LOTS of multiplayer balance testing.

== Credits ==
-Cardassian Ship Model Design, Textures, and Mesh made by Deemon for the cancelled Star Trek Armada 2 Apocalypse Mod. If you're reading this and don't want your work used in my mod, just let me know and I can remove it. :sweatdrop:

== Screenshots ==
FOScreenShot_160130_201817.png
A fleet of cloaked Terran ships.
FOScreenShot_160130_201817.png (613.14 KiB) Viewed 3258 times

FOScreenShot_160130_201129.png
Cardassians next to the Klingon Command Negh'Var, for scale.
FOScreenShot_160130_201129.png (622.33 KiB) Viewed 3258 times

FOScreenShot_160130_201050.png
Cardassian vessels in action.
FOScreenShot_160130_201050.png (684.34 KiB) Viewed 3258 times

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx33q3oyrnr8ct7/Mirror%20Fleet%20Ops%201.0.0.zip?dl=0

Enjoy, and let me know what you think! If you have any questions, suggestions, and/or bug reports, let me know. It'd be appreciated! :thumbsup:
posted on January 31st, 2016, 10:40 pm
New mod, yeah! Thanks :thumbsup:
posted on February 2nd, 2016, 10:50 am
Nice mod. Downloading, thanks.
posted on February 2nd, 2016, 2:15 pm
I was play over all races.. Nothing exciting :blush:
posted on February 2nd, 2016, 5:42 pm
Any advice on how to improve the mod? :hmmm:

Anyway, I've already been coming up with a few more ideas that I hope to add in. For instance:
-General improvements for the construction of the Alliance's Command Negh'Var, whose current tech requirements and using the mixed-tech cap are definitely going to change.
-New units. I'll probably expand the Terran, Reman, and Borg avatars like I did the Alliance avatars, adding a few "new" units to make things a little more interesting. That, and the Alliance avatars' gaining more units kinda' unbalanced things, so it'd make sense to add to the other race's avatar's for the sake of balance. :shifty:
-Rewriting the AI buildlists to make the AI more challenging.

Thoughts?
posted on February 4th, 2016, 1:10 pm
Thanks for releasing the mod, I enjoyed seeing Cardassians in fleetops
posted on February 11th, 2016, 9:10 pm
Am I being thick here? I can't find the MOD options button anywhere, I also don't have "MOD" folder in my FleetOps folder! Does this have anything to do with the fact that I don't have Armada 2 installed (I installed FleetOps using the CD) or am I missing something else?
posted on February 11th, 2016, 10:00 pm
If you don't already have the "mods" folder in your FleetOps installation, just create the mods folder yourself in Fleet Op's "data" folder, then put the mod in the mods folder (as per my previous instructions), and the problem should be solved. :)
posted on February 11th, 2016, 10:08 pm
no no Cardassia dont go with kligons ;)
Dominion should have two avatars: Breen and Cardassia, and S-7 Defender should be playable for both avatars ;) this would be much better.

Romulan should have two avatars: Romulan and Reman, ships would be the same or similary, romulans with Tavara Type Warbirds and Remans with Scimitar Warbirds.

Federation should have two avatars too: Federation and Terran empire.

Kligons should be: Kligons and Gorn-Nausicaan alliance.

Idont know what with Borgs ;)

This would be perfect star trek mod ;)
posted on February 11th, 2016, 10:57 pm
Thank you Admiral Nat! Definitely feeling a bit thick now! lol! Time to get into this........