"Star trek: the void" released

1, 2, 3
posted on October 1st, 2012, 4:24 am
“You go ahead. Think. Think hard, for when you have concluded your thought, I will have completed my conquest” - Anonymous

Fleet Operations has always been about fleets. The gameplay, composition, counter system. It all revolved around fleets of ships battling it out. Alas, no more. For the concept of “Project Void” has come to fruition. And the revolution of the game… has begun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
-----<CONTENTS>-----
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Contents
2. Gameplay Overview
3. Innovative Feature Review
4. Update Plans
5. Long Term Goals
6. Post Readme

Gameplay Overview
1. The Factions
The first playable faction to enter the void is the federation. Boasting a flexible and easy to master gameplay style. The federation surges in the early game, staying ahead by applying the right counters will get you far. But in the late game the federation falls off. Unable to really compete with the sheer power some of the other late game ability kits have.

The other choice you have for a faction is the Vulcans. They are a much harder faction to master. Possessing nowhere near the sheer early game firepower of the federation, the Vulcans may seem hard at first, but those who endure are treated to one of the most devastating late game ability kits in the game. Boasting such abilities such as Singularity Rupture, a highly mobile and destructive ultimate ability that can dish out almost 400 damage per second.

2. The enemies.
Enemies in void come in the form of massive wave of A.I. ships, gated in the same way you were. These A.I. vessels are prone to attacking each other as much as they do you. But they tend to dominate the middle of the map… leaving the outskirts to pure PvP combat.

The mighty A.I. comes in two waves in this version of the mod. But in the future will be expanded to the originally planned 4.

Wave 1. The Destroyers
The first units in the game are several classes of destroyers from various races.
1. Centaur class
2. Monsoon Class
3. Kbeajq Class
4. Rhienn Class
5. B’rel Class
6. C-11 Interceptor
7. And the Dominion Bug

And the next wave consists of the cruisers. Most of these units have been…. Altered. To make gameplay more challenging
1. Norway Class
2. Remoore Class
3. Breen Cruiser
4. T-15 Heavy Cruiser
5. And the Saeihr Class
Limited… yes I know… however, this is only a beta… so =D

Innovative Feature Review

The mod, in addition to being awesome outright, also pioneers some innovative features both in the beta and in the upcoming December patch(more about that later). But let’s talk about my favorite feature from this version… one that really ups the ante of modding fleet ops.
The Relic System

Relics are capture able stations that are AUTOMATICLY AQUIRED when you ship enters range.
That’s right….. an automated relic system, working only off the presence of your vessel. Relics that are being defended by their owning team are impossible to capture until you kill the players ships. The relics themselves serve purpose as being resource generators. Supply, Energy, Life Points, And Antimatter. Respectively. And thus serve as a way to draw people to weary areas of the map. Speaking of maps… only one map is included with the beta. I didn’t have the time I would have liked to make more maps… but oh well. The map included is called “Injection”

As you can see…. It only uses 2 of the 4 relic types. Meaning the torpedo and Life relics are completely unused right now. But I encourage the community to conceive maps for the mod.
This particular map is not a FFA type map, but rather a 3v3vE type map. With two team bases. And an A.I. Space in the center.

[Insane section/]
The Economy.

So how will you go about getting the resources needed to bash the heads in of your fellow head
bash-er-in-ers? simple: BASH THEIR HEADS IN FIRST MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

now to explain that in a tone that is not reminiscent of neo-sadism:

The only currency used in void is supply, the extent to which it is used would make stock FO
gamers hurl their space food out the force field, but, instead of spending your family inheritance
on supply at you local backstabbing starbase, there is a much simpler method to getting supply:
Killing your opponents. Now that’s probly as barbaric as it sounds but it actually makes since,
in the void, you raid to gain, get raided to lose. and unlike janeway, you don't lie about values
you don’t have, you just ignore them to begin with. Also included, as considered above, are ammo and respawn counters, but as these aren’t really used for research and upgrading, that kind of excludes them.
[Insane section/]

Update Plans.

As of right this moment. I’m planning for a December update. I have a few specific goals in mind for this update, as its good to stay focused and motivated, I’ll share them with you.

1. Bug fix/Tooltip Fix
We all know that beta’s aren’t usually polished, and there are always bugs. My first intention is to perfect the release content. So that I have a clean base while moving on to factions 3 and 4.

2. Introduce The Nova Relic
The idea for Nova Relic is actually older then the idea for the relics themselves. Before they became part of my plans, Nova Relic Existed as an extremely long term development goal. The Idea was to have the player start with a Station they had to defend though out the game, a sort of a pillar defense mode. This idea actually predated the idea of respawning even. But they would have to defend this Pillar and fight it out. And since at that time there was no sustainable gameplay, I shelved the idea, figuring it would be too much for the player to handle. However, With the advents of Respawn and Relic, Nova Relic Can be implemented to supplement my growing ideas of a team theme Void Game, A sort of MOBA catalyst. That truly gives the game purpose. I’ll post more about the Nova relic later on on the forums.

3. More Maps.
Duh…. Lol =D
4. Unique Explosions for the Hero Factions

Long Term Plans.
14 Factions (Each with its own explosion color LOL ) (17 if Noxter, Ciadan, Iconian, ever come into play)
Kill Assist System
Unlimited A.I.
Comprehensive Relic System
Flexible and Interchangeable Game modes, FFA, Team Domination, Team Pillar Defense, FFA Domination, Death match….. etc. etc.

Post Readme
Well, that’s about all, Credits are covered in the credits notepad in the file. Everyone who works on this mod is so special that they get their very own file lol. Remember to post any feedback, ideas, comments, complaints, bugs, on the fleet ops forums. Once the mod goes live there should be a Bug thread or at least a release thread that you can put that stuff in.
NOTE: This modification is not endorsed or supported by activision, paramount, or any of the other people that helped create star trek. Please do not write to Activision and complain about how your head exploded because it couldn’t take the awesome contained within.
As always with my mods, please don’t reuse any of this content in a release. If you so wish to use the stuff I did, contact the people who made it, they are all pretty reasonable, I pretty much only coded, so none of this is really my work.
Huge thanks to the Fleet Ops team. Especially Dominus. With out him I’d probly still be stuck on “WTF WHY WON’T RESEARCH BUILD OMI GOSH I H8TE THIS GAME”. you help me so much dom, idk what we would do without you.
Also, I’d like to thank Cyrax. This mod was your idea man. All yours.

AS OF THIS POST: The mod is available instantly on the fleetops community teamspeak server. in the upload and download channel's file browser(right click on the channel), and will be available on filefront soon. when it is i will post a link here.
posted on October 1st, 2012, 12:51 pm
Cool. Thanks for all the work you put in & to those who supported you. I look forward to playing.
posted on October 1st, 2012, 3:44 pm
just after playing it it's fantastic the hard work paid of in the end well done :)
posted on October 1st, 2012, 4:23 pm
Thanks guys. Zax has gotten me another solution AGAIN. here is the mod installer from Yousendit
https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhV ... OFNwSHNUQw

just incase you don't want to wait or get teamspeak

And i have attached the readme to the end of this post. this link will only work for a couple days, so get it while you can.
Read me.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
posted on October 1st, 2012, 5:42 pm
wow

WOW :o

u know what ? this is amazing
i already felt in love with the idea when i first read about it and now its finally complete and no its not as good as imagined ... ITS F*CKING BETTER :dance:

maybe the void ai is a bit hardcore but maybe im just so bad or its designed to play with a full group of 3v3 people so dont listen to it :lol:

time to call a few friends and "harvest" some supply :rolleyes:

by the way if you need more labrats to test newer versions or someone with ideas for other races just pm me :)

oh and sorry to be the first to bring bad news but i get an error when i try to join tunngle
posted on October 1st, 2012, 5:50 pm
Lexxy K wrote:wow

WOW :o

u know what ? this is amazing
i already felt in love with the idea when i first read about it and now its finally complete and no its not as good as imagined ... ITS F*CKING BETTER :dance:

maybe the void ai is a bit hardcore but maybe im just so bad or its designed to play with a full group of 3v3 people so dont listen to it :lol:

time to call a few friends and "harvest" some supply :rolleyes:

by the way if you need more labrats to test newer versions or someone with ideas for other races just pm me :)

oh and sorry to be the first to bring bad news but i get an error when i try to join tunngle

You may need to update tunngle, or open tunngle sepratly and then join using the LAN option. and yes the AI is pretty insane. i built so 4+ plus players could play without having to worry about weak AI.... maybe i'll create a "less insane" version later on. =D

I'm glad you like the effort i put into it. when this december come i'll be sure to PM you for some games.

I'd also like to announce that a "waiting for a "void" game" channel has been added to the teamspeak server by the admins, in addition to the 1v1, and team games, options. =)

EDIT: Oh and i'm always always always looking for new cool ideas. if you want you can post them in the R@D thread, or PM me with them if they super top secretly intresting
posted on October 1st, 2012, 6:02 pm
i hope you dont mind if i have a few more questions :P

1.) what races are you planning to add next ( or to be more precise are you going to add the ferengi ? ^^ )

2.) how does teamplay work ? are you sharing ressurces with your allies ( like janeway did in the episode ) ? if not ... why not ? ^^

3.) is it possible to use a ship as a mobile yard ? so you can do the complete research on this ship and when its destroyed an escapepod is launched and you can rebuild after you find a save spot ( yes im thinking about a borg ship ^^ )

4.) will there be something possible like in the equinox episode ... "harvesting" neutral life forms for supply / energy / whatever ?
posted on October 1st, 2012, 6:07 pm
1.) what races are you planning to add next ( or to be more precise are you going to add the ferengi ? ^^ )

Next? Probly Son'a, Cardassians, And hirogen. respectivly. Ferengi will probly be in as like the 10th race(somwhere around there)

2.) how does teamplay work ? are you sharing ressurces with your allies ( like janeway did in the episode ) ? if not ... why not ? ^^

Teamplay works however you want it to... possibilitys are endless

3.) is it possible to use a ship as a mobile yard ? so you can do the complete research on this ship and when its destroyed an escapepod is launched and you can rebuild after you find a save spot ( yes im thinking about a borg ship ^^ )

its is, but the mechanics are undesireable. rebuil after death is possibly but not by control

4.) will there be something possible like in the equinox episode ... "harvesting" neutral life forms for supply / energy / whatever ?

Maybe.... =D.. i do some other cool ideas in thw works to right now. but being granted buffs upon the death of an enemey is planed
posted on October 1st, 2012, 8:42 pm
Sweet, I can't wait ti try it out. :) I"ll try to get on team speak and see if anyone is on to play. 8)
posted on October 1st, 2012, 9:35 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Sweet, I can't wait ti try it out. :) I"ll try to get on team speak and see if anyone is on to play. 8)

There were 5 of us on earlier. Lexxy, Cyrax, Myself, Fusseh, and one more, i can't remember who the 5th was....
posted on October 1st, 2012, 9:36 pm
Well, I"m hanging out right now, just messing around on tf2. I should be on TS as well, so just let me know and we can have at it. :)
posted on October 1st, 2012, 9:38 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Well, I"m hanging out right now, just messing around on tf2. I should be on TS as well, so just let me know and we can have at it. :)

Sweet.. i'll get on ts, but i can't play anymore, my net here is so bad.
posted on October 1st, 2012, 9:45 pm
Well, already told you the other stuff, so i'm just officially saying CONGRATS ON THE FIRST FINAL! :thumbsup:
It's a really a good mod with lots of potential, plus maybe some gameplay many people want to see in FOPS.
posted on October 1st, 2012, 10:24 pm
beserene wrote:Well, already told you the other stuff, so i'm just officially saying CONGRATS ON THE FIRST FINAL! :thumbsup:
It's a really a good mod with lots of potential, plus maybe some gameplay many people want to see in FOPS.

i agree fully great great mod
posted on October 2nd, 2012, 12:23 am
Styer Crisis wrote:Next? Probly Son'a, Cardassians, And hirogen. respectivly. Ferengi will probly be in as like the 10th race(somwhere around there)
Sweet, the Son'a are at the top of my favorites list(the ships at least) and the Cardassians & Hirogen sound interesting. Lots of boarding action for the Hirogien I hope.
1, 2, 3