Sigma - Final Fleet Ops Release

1, 2, 3, 4
posted on March 27th, 2014, 2:03 am
Well this is it, the final version of Sigma for Star Trek: Armada Fleet Operations. Here is a trailer to watch as well as download links:

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/sigma/downloa ... ps-release

What's included:

- All seven playable races: The Zevestivan, V.R.A, Sov, Mylock, Ekoset, Jevoron, and Aabtani, each with four Avatars to choose from.
- The first campaign mission.

Installation Instructions:

1) Have Fleet Operations 3.2.7 Installed
2) Simply run the installer and install Sigma in your Fleet Operations directory.
3) May cause incompatibility issues with other Fleet Ops users in multiplayer, be sure to have a separate installation of Fleet Ops.

So What Now?

This will undoubtedly be the final version of Sigma released for Fleet Ops. If there happens to be too many game breaking crashes I'll probably release a patch, but I'll not be adding anything new or doing much for balance. At this point Sigma has been picked up by a company I work for called Subscience Studios, who wish to port the game to Unity. I do not know when I and the company will start on that process as we currently are working on another game I had been developing for mobile platforms called Antibody. Rest assured Sigma will see the light of day, I just can't give any timeframe at the moment.

Will I keep Modding?

Probably, though my time is pretty taken up lately. I have a few things I'd like to do for Fleet Ops, both prior and post NX release. Here's a hint:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A Big Thank You

I wish to thank everyone involved with this mod. Members of this community that lended their voiceovers, people who tried to promote Sigma, and others that pitched in to help out when I ran into modding problems.

Most of All I have to thank Doca, Optec, and Dominus for not only helping me get Sigma off the ground, but for inspiring me and showing me it was indeed possible to make this idea that's been in my head for ages become a reality. It's because of their hard work on Fleet Operations that convinced me to pursue a career in game development, and their efforts gave me the motivation to learn how to program, create models, and every other step of the creation process. I wish only the best for you guys and Fleet Ops, and whatever other games you all go on to develop during or after NX's completion. I'll be behind and backing up Fleep Ops no matter where it goes, if you guys ever need any help I'm always more then willing. Thank you guys for everything, and best of luck as you boldly go where no Star Trek game has gone before.

Credits:
Music - Adam Halpin

Voiceovers
Zevestivan Computer - Erin Grimsley
Matriarch Kydora - Elizabeth Stiles
Nok Del Commander - Kerian Halcyon
Zikvag Captain - Robert Ducat
Valak Captain - Chasen Lindsey
Nok Tooru Captain - Robert Ducat
Jowkiz Captain - Kerian Halcyon
Pekdel Veeridar Captain - Erin Grimsley
Kaldaz Captain - Chasen Lindsey
Bruzer Captain - Chasen Lindsey
Zaun Dantis Captain - Kerian Halcyon
V.R.A. Computer - Unleash Mayhem
General Mokbel - Kristopher Heaton
Colonel Stein - Bryan Stein
Commander Hawksin - Kerian Halcyon
Commander Valash - Erin Grimsley
HQ Commander - Laura Blizzard
Colonel Center - Robert Ducat
Destroyer Captains - Adam Halpin
Battleship Captains - Robert Ducat
Kraken Battle Platform - Kristopher Heaton
Mylock Computer - Adam Halpin
Primordius - Charles Primiano
Terminus - Adam Halpin
Pirate Captain - LuAnne Boudier

and Elizabeth Stiles as Norin
posted on March 27th, 2014, 8:15 am
I wish you best luck with Sigma. It's definitely one of the most innovative and creative mods I've ever played! I'm looking forward to see it on the shelves someday.

If I can help with an advise or motivation, just poke me :)
posted on March 27th, 2014, 4:36 pm
Hello,

I can not seem to play: When I want to play a instant action (when I launch the game) the game crashes and I have a error message: EAacces violation

Help me please :(
posted on March 27th, 2014, 4:53 pm
superL wrote:Hello,

I can not seem to play: When I want to play a instant action (when I launch the game) the game crashes and I have a error message: EAacces violation

Help me please :(

Hmm that is strange, is it happening with every race you select? What map are you trying to play on?
posted on March 27th, 2014, 5:11 pm
yes that's the same thing every race and crash even in the campaign :(

And the map with what I want to play is Womb

(sorry for my bad English,i use a translator for speak English)

And also fleet ops told me sigma is out of date
posted on March 27th, 2014, 5:56 pm
superL wrote:yes that's the same thing every race and crash even in the campaign :(

And the map with what I want to play is Womb

(sorry for my bad English,i use a translator for speak English)

And also fleet ops told me sigma is out of date

Have you tried any other map? Also a question that might seem silly, but is there a 'Sigma' folder in the 'mods' folder of Fleet Ops?
posted on March 27th, 2014, 6:22 pm
Yes I try other map and it is like and yes the folder name is sigma

I began to tell me that I could not try it right away :'(
posted on March 27th, 2014, 6:28 pm
superL wrote:Yes I try other map and it is like and yes the folder name is sigma

I began to tell me that I could not try it right away :'(

I'm really not sure what could be causing EAccess violation. Is anyone else running into this problem?
posted on March 27th, 2014, 7:47 pm
I don't know
posted on March 27th, 2014, 8:37 pm
Last edited by Arash8472 on March 27th, 2014, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ops i might have accidently installed over wrong engine type
posted on March 27th, 2014, 8:39 pm
superL wrote:I don't know

It is possible some of the 4.0 features might be causing a crash. I made the most recent version for a dev build of Fleet Ops and had to take some things out, I'm not getting any crashes though. ???
The mod might not work without that dev build I used, I just don't understand why it's working for me on 3.2.7 if that's the case.
posted on March 27th, 2014, 8:45 pm
This problem could be solved? ???
posted on March 27th, 2014, 9:03 pm
I fixed it. Undyin you need to use the new version of the odf.fpq file. I do not know if optec gave you that essential file.

Also what does that mean? the ending just got stuck. :sweatdrop:

Attachments

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (458.74 KiB) Viewed 3775 times
posted on March 27th, 2014, 9:44 pm
What is this file?
posted on March 27th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Help me I really do not know how to solve the problem! :'(
1, 2, 3, 4