Federation Spacedock

1, 2, 3
posted on September 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:yeah, but theres no working importer that is publicly available.  Like I said, theres no easy way of explaining it all. :sweatdrop:

I take it you didn't talk to TUN yet about Optec's method?
posted on September 12th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on September 12th, 2010, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did, and he confirmed my hypothesis.  Its not easy, either way. :sweatdrop:

Heres the quote.
Ah yes hardpoints... those things are an absolute nightmare to rotate in MS3D. My first suggestion in regards to that is to wait until Optec releases an SOD exporter for 3DS, but I have no clue when he's going to do that. As far as I can tell there really is no way to know the rotation of a joint in MS3D, I just have a friend who constantly rotates and tests by trial and error until it's rotated right.

So yeah... not easy.  Now, you can see the hardpoints in assimview, but it is neither easy to install, nor easy to use. :sweatdrop:
posted on September 12th, 2010, 3:07 pm
Too bad :blush: Still I bet it would be nice to have documentation of it, rather than just hearsay, if possible  :sweatdrop:.
posted on September 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
there it is^^ 

sorry, I edited. :sweatdrop:
posted on September 12th, 2010, 3:13 pm
Hm, that was a different partial explanation than the one I got, as that technique's nothing new  :blink:  :crybaby:
posted on September 12th, 2010, 5:59 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:yeah, but theres no working importer that is publicly available. 

Indirectly there is.  They released the source for the importer.
posted on September 12th, 2010, 6:28 pm
hmm, I haven't seen that.  Still, its not easy to explain, and really not needed.  On a station which usually has phaser strips that go all the way around, the directions of the hardpoints don't really matter.
posted on September 12th, 2010, 7:13 pm
Except of course for certain ships that need restricted firearcs for broadsides and the like  :whistling: Just because it's uncommon doesn't mean documentation would be a waste I think - at least something to eventually think about :sweatdrop:
posted on September 12th, 2010, 7:39 pm
True, but in this case we are just talking about the space dock. :whistling:
posted on September 15th, 2010, 6:54 am
Hi I am wondering if anyone has this particular problem at hand.  I was just playing around with the weapons in the spacedock odf... when I did a weapon skip.  like I have 5 weapons listed... by accident deleted weapon 3, and saved.  (I had the odf in map editor to test out) went into FO and put the spacedock on the map.  The spacedock as inserted normally of course only having two weapons.

So I went back to the spacedock odf and inserted back weapon3, checked out to make sure all the codes are the same nothing missing.  Go back to map editor and when I insert the same spacedock.  It errors and crashes out to windows. 

If I leave it with 2 weapons now it works, but adding weapon 3 will crash the game.

so basically I made a backup of the file before I edited.  Put it in and same crash.  Not until I have to install a fresh new copy of FO and updated to 3.13 then the same file works. 

Just wondering if its a bug or something?
posted on September 15th, 2010, 12:32 pm
If this Spacedock is giving you problems, check to see if there is a weapon6 in it. That should be "fed_tachion_scan", which isn't in the game.
posted on September 1st, 2014, 7:52 am
any chance anyone has the textures to this still? downloaded the included file and 2 out of three zip is corrupted
1, 2, 3