Buildable Warp-Ins Mod - cancelled

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
posted on May 31st, 2011, 2:14 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on January 12th, 2012, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This mod allows you to build the Galaxy Class, Nebula Class, Nova Class Rhode Island Refit, Descent Class, and Steamrunner Class starships at the Eraudi and Antares Yards.  Unzip into the "Fleet Operations DirectoryDataMods" directory.

I don't like the fact that I had to include the entire Dynamic_Localised_Strings.h file just so I could successfully modify 4 tooltips.  4 TOOLTIPS!!

Download Version 2.0.5.2
  • Moved Nebula - San Francisco Type to Chassis 1.
  • Moved Nebula - Rigel Type to the bottom of the technology tree, though still in the Eraudi Yard.

Download Version 2.0.5.1
  • Moved Nebula - San Francisco Type to Antares Yard Chassis 2.
  • Moved Steamrunner to Chassis 1.
  • Combined fleet cap of 10 added to Descent and Teutoburg (Descent is 4 slots, Teutoburg is 3 slots).

Download Version 2.0.5.0
  • Fixed Rhode Island special not being researchable at Starfleet Science.
  • Fixed Teutoburg specials not requiring research and not being researchable at Starfleet Science.
  • Fixed some technology tree errors.
  • Updated website URL.

Download Version 2.0.4.10
  • Fixed crashing bug with the Nova - Rhode Island Refit when promoted to veteran.  The include line has one extra character, which was removed.  ONE character!
  • Updated mod website URL.

Download Version 2.0.4.9
  • Descent, Steamrunner, Nebula, Nova Refit, and Galaxy Class specials now require research if built from shipyards.
  • Fixed some crash bugs with various ships, particularly the Steamrunner on rank-up and special activation.
  • Adds alternate technology trees to give a veriety on what is allowed to be built, and even to disallow warp-in ship builds all together or disallow Starfleet Command.
  • Nova Refit special cannot be researched.
  • Alternate technology trees have not been thoroughly tested.

Download Version 2.0.2.1
  • Greatly reduced FPQ file size.
  • Unnecessary files detected and removed from FPQ file.
  • Galaxy Class build times and costs reduced by 5%.
  • Nebula Class - San Fransisco Type and Galaxy Class build buttons swapped positions.

Download Version 2.0.1.1
  • Risner's Nova Rhode Island refit has it's phaser back.
  • FPQ file size reduced slightly.

Download Version 2.0.0.1
  • Compatibility with Fleet Operations 3.2.4

Attachments

Buildable_WarpIns.zip
(170.94 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
posted on May 31st, 2011, 2:37 pm
Wow, that was quick. so how is modding odfs with the new setup? i havent downloaded it yet
posted on May 31st, 2011, 2:39 pm
Well, Fleet Operations no longer seems to like the ODF files being unpacked, so that was a surprise.  But I love the #include functions.  They saved me quite some time on this mod even though it didn't work for the Dynamic_Localized_Strings file.
posted on May 31st, 2011, 2:41 pm
would you say it would be more simple for a inexperienced person to use? cause im kinda getting used to the old system, i dont want to switch just to find that im back t osquare one and have no clue what im doing
posted on May 31st, 2011, 3:37 pm
Very simple.  After you install it, launch Fleet Operations and go to "Options -> Mod Options", select the mod, and hit "Launch Mod."  Each mod has it's own settings so you can have defaults for each mod.
posted on May 31st, 2011, 3:38 pm
oh, ok, thank you
posted on May 31st, 2011, 3:41 pm
You're welcome.
posted on May 31st, 2011, 4:45 pm
TChapman500 wrote:Very simple.  After you install it, launch Fleet Operations and go to "Options -> Mod Options", select the mod, and hit "Launch Mod."  Each mod has it's own settings so you can have defaults for each mod.

"Options -> Mod Options"????  I have no "Mod Options"!!!!
posted on May 31st, 2011, 5:23 pm
Delenn wrote: "Options -> Mod Options"????  I have no "Mod Options"!!!!

http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... ules  :thumbsup:
posted on May 31st, 2011, 5:52 pm
You have to have at least one mod in the "Mod" directory before it can be used.
posted on June 1st, 2011, 12:48 pm
just checked it an it's engenious  new way on installing mods.
i think you need a little learning curve but it's actually rather cool.
posted on June 1st, 2011, 12:55 pm
What do you mean by that?
posted on June 1st, 2011, 1:10 pm
I've updated the mod.  See first post.
posted on June 1st, 2011, 1:16 pm
i ment using the mod activations window at the options
posted on June 3rd, 2011, 7:11 pm
I'm in the process of updating this mod.  Here are the expected changes:

• FPQ file size greatly reduced (Complete).
  • Nebula - San Fransisco Type and Galaxy Class build button positions swapped (Complete).
  • Galaxy Class build times and costs reduced by 5% (Complete).

Okay, the mod has been updated.

EDIT:
Anyone want to help me create a strategy guide for this mod over at Team Chapman Racing?

I've created a forum section at Team Chapman Racing for this mod.

Click Here to go to the Buildable Warp-Ins forums.  Includes section for strategy, technical support/bug reports, balancing, and general discussion.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6