Fleet Ops Roots 4.0 is now available.

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on February 10th, 2024, 5:15 am
LogicMage3 wrote:I noticed FO 3.2.7 as sub mod. Does the vanilla armada 2 3.2.7 mod work with 4.0.0?

The A2 Classic Mod does work with Fleet Ops 4.0 in general, pretty much out of the box actually*. For Roots though there is currently a glitch that causes crashes/freezes for about 2/3 of the A2 Classic Mod's single player missions. I did track down the issue and have fixed it but that will be in the next upload, probably in a couple of days, that also changes the movement autonomy system to something more useful (no more babysitting your ships). The A2 Classic Mod does have 800x600pixel shell menu assets (bitmap folder), so that looks ugly with Roots' 1200x900 menus, but it will work and someone could manually scale up the bitmap pictures.

*To get rid of the warning that says the mod is too old make sure you have AssetVersion=40000 in the info.ini for the A2 Classic Mod.
posted on February 10th, 2024, 6:56 am
Okay that new version is now online and I've tested it with the A2 Classic Mod as a sub mod and that runs fine, except for that shell menu size mismatch.
posted on February 10th, 2024, 6:36 pm
Hey @JanB -- very excited to try this out, but running into an EAccessViolation error upon completion of a mission/instant action loading screen. Any ideas? I'm running on an M2 Mac via Parallels w/ Windows 11 so there's a lot of layers of emulation going on; vanilla (GOG) Armada II and FO 3.2.7 both run fine (the latter after manually replacing Armada2.exe with the one from the GOG folder). Is there something different about yours vs. regular FO that would cause a crash? Have tried all the compatibility mode options, high DPI stuff, even some of the DX9 wrapper apps; nothing seems to get past it. Appreciate any advice you might have! Bug report attached.

[Edit] I should say, FO 3.2.7 loads fine by itself as a separate instance; when loading it via the Roots launcher, it also crashes.

exceptArmada2.txt
(29.79 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 1.41.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 1.41.23 PM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
posted on March 2nd, 2024, 7:59 pm
Roots installer fails silently on Win 11 canary not sure why
posted on March 3rd, 2024, 4:03 pm
LogicMage3 wrote:Roots installer fails silently on Win 11 canary not sure why

At which step does it fail, and what happens exactly? Also do you know if it works correctly on regular Windows 11?

P.S. maybe it's a false positive from Windows Defender or your antivirus software, try disabling those.
posted on March 4th, 2024, 4:52 pm
It's something with canary build. I was able to install on Windows 11 22h2
posted on April 21st, 2024, 12:43 pm
Looks really cool. Once I figure out how to even launch regular fleet OPS over the GOG STA2 Install Ill let ya know. :D
posted on April 21st, 2024, 1:38 pm
Wait, why would you need to run anything "over" the A2 GOG installation? Fleet Operations is standalone, just follow the install instructions, don't try to copy it into the A2 folder, that will unnecessarily complicate things and cause issues.
posted on April 22nd, 2024, 10:48 am
Oppsie Dupsie Poopsie. Then Ya I did do that. So you think I should do a full uninstall of both and do clean installs in different locations?
posted on April 22nd, 2024, 10:50 am
yantisren wrote:Oppsie Dupsie Poopsie. Then Ya I did do that. So you think I should do a full uninstall of both and do clean installs in different locations?

Yeah, I would advise that. Also when you install Roots, install it in a third locations (in addition to one location for the original Armada 2 and another for normal Fleet Operations).
posted on April 23rd, 2024, 7:02 pm
Ah I c I Sea. Well I will get back to you that whence I figure out the " you need your STA2 Disc " Feature.
1, 2