MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 30
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 7:46 pm
there is a code but cant get it working
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 10:37 pm
Link is broken.
posted on February 3rd, 2015, 11:35 pm
fixed
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on February 4th, 2015, 8:17 pm
You fix the link or you fix the code?
posted on February 4th, 2015, 8:37 pm
link
the link contains the files needed to get the 4.0.0.455 loader to work
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on February 4th, 2015, 9:26 pm
Oh, ok, thanks. :)
posted on February 27th, 2015, 4:34 pm
To enable shield inversion bubble colors:
1. copy and paste Blade's FO 4.0 files to your FO folder.
2. add these lines in RTS_CFG.h of A2 upgrade mod:
int SHIELD_EFFECT_RESCALE = 1;
int SHIELD_EFFECT_DAMAGE_COLORED = 1;
3. change info.ini to bypass engine version check:
AssetVersion=40000

For the RTS_CFG.h of Fleetops:
int SHIELD_EFFECT_RESCALE = 1;
int SHIELD_EFFECT_DAMAGE_COLORED = 0;
If you have other mods, you should add these two lines in RTS_CFG.h for shield bubble to scale correctly.

When you use shield inversion beam, the shield bubble is still too big. (I cannot resolve this.)
posted on March 17th, 2015, 11:30 am
Hi, i just wanted to say this looks like a great mod rifraf! :thumbsup:
posted on March 23rd, 2015, 10:12 am
Got an problem with some things... :(

1. - In Klingon mission Unknown prize the QSS can't get through the wormhole!
2. - In last Borg mission The Rifts i have only Incursion ship!!!... Oh, and by the way i can't move the Incursion ship at all!...
3. - This is not of great significance but i have missing explosion reference file for the Dominion Warcruiser...

Attachments

FOScreenShot_150323_114131.png
Only the Incursion ship???!!!...
FOScreenShot_150323_114131.png (491.85 KiB) Viewed 858 times
posted on March 24th, 2015, 2:44 am
Sorry I haven't been on lately Fleet Trek. Thank you for trying the mod. To answer your questions:

1. The QSS in the Klingon mission "Unknown Prize" is a known bug. I and others have tried many things to get the QSS dragged through the wormhole, but nothing works. Stock A2 exhibits the same behavior. At this time there is no fix, but I'll keep looking.

2. I fired up the last Borg mission "Rift" and to my surprise I only have the Incursion ship as well and I also cannot move it. I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. If you load up the mission and at the mission screen where it lists the objectives when I hit the space bar to proceed and skip it you can see all the Borg and Fed ships float up into the map and disappear. I never saw that happen in testing so not sure what is causing it? I tried using a completely stock map, but the same thing happens. I apologize for this and will dig into it and try to find what is going on.

3. For the explosion reference for the Dominion Warcruiser, I tried mine and it explodes and displays the textures just fine. At the top of the cbattle3.odf there should be #include "battle.odf" And in battle.odf there should be fireball = "x_medium2_explosion" which is the explosion reference. Have you edited any files or anything?
posted on March 24th, 2015, 8:03 am
Thank you for replying so quickly. :)

1. The QSS in the Klingon mission "Unknown Prize" is a known bug. I and others have tried many things to get the QSS dragged through the wormhole, but nothing works. STOCK A2 exhibits the same behavior. At this time there is no fix, but I'll keep looking.

OK. :)

2. I fired up the last Borg mission "Rift" and to my surprise I only have the Incursion ship as well and I also cannot move it. I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. If you load up the mission and at the mission screen where it lists the objectives when I hit the space bar to proceed and skip it you can see all the Borg and Fed ships float up into the map and disappear. I never saw that happen in testing so not sure what is causing it? I tried using a completely STOCK map, but the same thing happens. I apologize for this and will dig into it and try to find what is going on.

Yep they go straight up , because their people need them. :lol:

3. For the explosion reference for the Dominion Warcruiser, I tried mine and it explodes and displays the textures just fine. At the top of the cbattle3.odf there should be #include "battle.odf" And in battle.odf there should be fireball = "x_medium2_explosion" which is the explosion reference. Have you edited any files or anything?

My bad, i edited some odf files and accidently deleted this entries... :sweatdrop:
I recover everything with my backup files and now everything is good! :thumbsup:

P.S. Bay the way about "Rift" map, if you use "map editor" to put all the Borg and Fed ships inside the yellow lines ( paths ) you can use all ships but after a few minutes of gameplay the game crashes!... :hmmm:
posted on March 25th, 2015, 3:27 am
Glad you got the explosion files worked out.

I've been testing the last Borg mission map "Rift" and I'm stumped as to what the issue is? I have a stock version of A2 in FO and this map plays just fine. If I load this specific unedited stock map into the Upgrade Project mod it still does the same weird thing with the ships all flying up and out of the map as soon as the mission starts. I don't know what is causing this behavior. An unedited stock map should work so some other force is acting against it when the mission loads.

I changed all the "avoidanceClass=" settings back to stock values and that didn't help. If I change the RTS_cfg file back to stock settings (specifically wanting to test the map depth settings) that doesn't help either. If anyone might have ideas as to what is causing this I'd be greatly appreciated.

One strange thing I noticed is that I can't drag-select anything with the mouse in this map? Do you experience this as well Fleet Trek? I'm also using Windows 7 now where as the last time I played the mod I was using Vista. Doubt that has any relevance, but never know.
posted on March 25th, 2015, 7:47 am
One strange thing I noticed is that I can't drag-select anything with the mouse in this map? Do you experience this as well Fleet Trek?

Yes i do experience this as well, and yes something is seriously wrong with this map...
I have a stock version of A2 in FO and this map plays just fine. If I load this specific unedited stock map into the Upgrade Project mod it still does the same weird thing with the ships all flying up and out of the map as soon as the mission starts.

Yes i also did this with the same result!
I am not sure what is causing it either. This is the first time i see map that went so horribly wrong.
I am absolutely baffled of what maybe causing this behavior???
I also would have to ask if anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what is causing this?
On the other hand you should not feel bad about this because you done incredible job with this mod already!!! :thumbsup:
posted on March 29th, 2015, 3:28 pm
Hi, did you have any success so far with the "rifts" map?
I am curious to know what the problem was...
posted on March 29th, 2015, 4:38 pm
I still haven't had any success fixing it. I don't know why only one map out of 30+ would be affected? I've been changing a lot of things back to stock settings in hopes that they could be the cause like the map floor settings in the RTS_cfg, the physics files, the avoidanceClass settings in the ship files, but none of those has any effect.

I tried changing the .drl and. dsl files in the mission folder thinking they might have gotten corrupted, but no go there either. I'm using FO 3.2.7 which I've always used so nothing that I haven't used before there.

Another thing, I tried something else and got more weird results. On any map I can hit ctrl-A when it loads and it takes me into the editor. I can do whatever then go back to the game and continue with the mission with no issue. I tried it on this map though and what happened was the screen altered a bit in that the words in the map editor menu became thicker in print, the sounds changed a bit and the mouse pointer left tracks all over the map if I moved it.

I'll keep looking, but this one is pretty strange
1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 30