MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 30
posted on January 30th, 2015, 12:21 am
Last edited by rifraf on January 30th, 2015, 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As to the missing texture on the Klingon Commando Team special weapon it's the stock "Kcruise2" texture. Thank you for finding that Tsar Ivaylo. If you have stock A2 installed or the Classic mod you can grab it from there. Otherwise I may have to do a small patch at some point.

As to the Klingon mission "The Unknown Prize" problem I noted that in my readme as well. It was found in testing the new maps and there is no known fix. I and others tried the same map in stock A2 and found it had the same issue too. I did edit all the maps, but the wormhole wasn't one of the items edited so not one is sure why we can't drag the Cardassian ship through the worm hole?

I tried moving the wormhole up and down on the Z-axis, but to no avail. I also tried altering the parameters of the tractor beam, but that didn't help either. I have no idea what the problem is so until a fix is ever found you will have to use the cheat to skip that map. I just can't figure out why the ship won't drag another through that particular wormhole with a tractor beam? It works just fine on the Instant Action maps. Thank you for noting both items though. I really appreciate it.
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 30th, 2015, 12:53 am
Well, thank you for the information; unfortunately i don't have neither A2 or the Classic mod installed in the moment, so what now?

P.S. - By the way is there a possibility to change back the Klingon pulse disruptor weapons back to green instead of red?
Why they are red anyway??? I distinctly remember in every Star Trek movie (or episode) i ever watched - They are green!!!
I em not traing to be bad or unappreciative, i honestly don't understand why they would be red???...
(Also i really like the green Klingon beam disruptor weapons!... :thumbsup: :D )
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 30th, 2015, 1:00 pm
Update - O.K., i fix the Textureless Klingon commando team pod... :)
FOScreenShot_150130_144341.png
Klingon commando team pod...
FOScreenShot_150130_144341.png (538.61 KiB) Viewed 669 times

As for the Warbird shield inversion special weapon and the Shadow energy shield converter special weapon I did mention a couple pages back that due to the FO shields utilizing the SOD files that those weapons use this is the result and there is no known fix at this time.

I been thinking, is it possible to take the SOD files for the Romulan "Shield Inversion Field" and Shadow "Energy Shield Converter" and replace them with the old one from A2 or Classic mod?... :ermm: Is it possible to fix the Warbird shield inversion special weapon and the Shadow energy shield converter special weapon graphical bugs that way?... :ermm:
posted on January 30th, 2015, 5:20 pm
As to the Klingon pulse disruptor color you can change it from red back to green. I think I changed it to red just to differentiate the races? I don't remember? At any rate find the weapon the ship in question uses and then in the odf/weapons/pulse file find the specific weapon file and change the sprite entry. You can either use the Borg or Romulan sprite and it'll be green. I can give you specific instructions after work today if you don't understand how to do it.

For the Romulan special weapons SOD issue you could try putting the original SODs back in and see. To be honest I never tried that because having better looking shields was more important. It'll probably mess up the shields, but try it. I may try it as well just to see what happens if I don't hear back from you before then as to the results.
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 30th, 2015, 6:39 pm
About the Klingon pulse disruptor color;
At any rate find the weapon the ship in question uses and then in the odf/weapons/pulse file find the specific weapon file and change the sprite entry. You can either use the Borg or Romulan sprite and it'll be green. I can give you specific instructions after work today if you don't understand how to do it.

Is this the sprite entry;

Sprite = "kpphaser"
shotColor = 227
spriteDuration = 1.0
Length = 38.0

lightColor = 0.78 0.0 0.0
lightFalloffStart = 50.0
lightFalloffRange = 5.0

I'm sorry, but i em not a moder!... :blush: :sweatdrop:
posted on January 31st, 2015, 3:28 am
You are correct, that's the entry. Just change the following values and you'll get green pulses:

Sprite = "bpphaser"

lightColor = 0.0 1.0 0.0
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 31st, 2015, 7:24 am
Thank you, that really helped!... :) :thumbsup:
FOScreenShot_150131_093333.png
Klingon green pulse disruptor weapons!...
FOScreenShot_150131_093333.png (601.36 KiB) Viewed 613 times

About the Romulan special weapons SOD issue, i am not really sure which SODs to put back?... ??? :sweatdrop:
I need to put back the old ( rbattle.sod ) and ( rspecial.sod ) or i need to do something else?... ??? :sweatdrop:
posted on January 31st, 2015, 8:40 pm
I've done a bunch of testing this morning and I think it must be due to being hardcoded to FO?

Here's what Blade wrote years ago in another thread when he found the same Romulan special weapon issue:

"ok all fixed it was due to fo new shield types needed to have a shield_add and shield_sub sod
so
shield_hit.sod is the default shield hits and critical shields
shield_down.sod is the default shield collapse
shield_add.sod is the default for gaining shields via shield inversion or energy converter
shield_sub.sod is the default for loosing shields via shield inversion or energy converter

were a2 had
Xshlddie.sod which is the same as shield_down.sod
Xshldx01.sod which is the same as shield_hit.sod, shield_sub.sod and shield_add.sod"

I tried the Classic mod this morning and I tried a plain stock Armada 2 in FO as well and they all have this issue. Stock A2 also had Wshldadd and Wshldsub SOD's that were used in the two special weapons and I think they are no longer recognized by FO?

It's due to the way FO was modded for their shields to work properly so there's nothing that can be done unfortunately. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong, but I see no fix for this. Sorry :(
posted on January 31st, 2015, 8:52 pm
Yes, we changed the way shields work so that you could specify what type of shield you want per Craft. We didn't make things more hardcoded :) . Instead you have to specify the shield type per ordnance.

The command you want to use is: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... ometryName
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 31st, 2015, 10:01 pm
O.K. thank you rifraf and don't worry, if that cannot be fixed at this time - sobeit... :thumbsup:
Also Dominus Noctis thank you for your reply to!... :thumbsup:

Yes, we changed the way shields work so that you could specify what type of shield you want per Craft. We didn't make things more hardcoded :) . Instead you have to specify the shield type per ordnance.

The command you want to use is: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... ometryName

I guess you Dominus Noctis showing some solution for solving the problem there, but i am really not a moder, so i am hoping that rifraf or someone else will get involve in solving this!... :rolleyes: :sweatdrop:
Excuse my inability to understand what you trying to tell there, but this type of modding and staff is way beyond my understanding!... ??? :blush: :(
posted on January 31st, 2015, 10:05 pm
I figured I'd put my foot in my mouth when I said FO hardcoded it. :blush: I had forgotten about the shieldgeometryname command. I've had the link to A2files saved for years where Doca was talking about it after first finding it. Are any of those commands not used by FO or did you guys use them all?
posted on January 31st, 2015, 10:11 pm
We never ended up using them, but they do work :). We had anticipated using them for our cancelled V4 release.
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:12 pm
ok fixed the white box during shield emitter and shield inversion just add
ShieldAdd = "Wshldadd"
ShieldSub = "Wshldinv"
to craft.odf and station.odf to make it easier otherwise it needs to be added to every ship/station
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:37 pm
Maybe i'm doing it wrong because that's what i get -
FOScreenShot_150201_015150.png
??????????????????????????????
FOScreenShot_150201_015150.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 533 times
posted on January 31st, 2015, 11:44 pm
ok check if u have the Wshldadd and Wshldinv sod files as looks like ur missing them if not check if u have shield_sub and shield_add if so use them instead should be ok
1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 30