Tryptic's Mod Version 2

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
posted on August 17th, 2014, 5:49 pm
found 2 visual bugs and 1 ship buildability bug for ya in virsion 2.2
all 3 for borg optimised
sensor relays on borg ships have no image just transparant area that is clickable to deploy (tooltip works when hovered)
regen on miners tooltip fail to find i guess just lists the file with not info
probe not buildable even tho i have the conduct matrix
screenshots attached here
typticmod22borgbugscreenshots.rar
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 452 times

love what u have done but my regen scoutcubes are damn hard to kill had the ai send fleets after 6 of my scoutcubes and none died the entire game even mayson phaser plats had little effect this maybe overpowered
i forsee a regen scoutcube rush that wont die very quckly
posted on September 3rd, 2014, 7:38 am
I found multiple Borg (Optimize) bugs

- The Optimize Probe can only be build with a Conduction Matrix build by a Constructor captured from the AI
- The Science from the Transmition Matrix (Regeneration, Datamining, ... but not the Assembly I to III) and from the Conduction Matrix (all Nodes) can be researched again when build with a captured Constructor
posted on September 15th, 2014, 3:44 pm
Any news on 2.3 end of the month im hoping it be ready for us to use :d TROP sphere back to mid rang pls
posted on September 16th, 2014, 10:59 pm
All of a sudden I got really busy again, and now I'm coaching a kids' soccer team by myself. I still put in a little work every few days, though, so it'll get done eventually. :D
posted on September 17th, 2014, 2:02 am
Yo Tryptic

Thanks for all the hard work thus far. Its ready when its ready.
posted on September 29th, 2014, 3:55 am
I just wanted to stop in here and say that I just fixed the Harmonic Implosion special. There were 25 files associated with it when I started, and once I clean it up a little it should be closer to 15. And it works.

Also, the Borg faction is finished for Version 2.3, and work is about halfway done for the new Generix Centurion Refit
posted on November 17th, 2014, 2:56 pm
Time to get this back on the home page how is the mod going Tryptic i hope to see it out soon along with a post of whats new if not to much work. and as allways like to see some new replays going up :o :D :lol: :rolleyes: :) :thumbsup: 8) 8)
posted on January 13th, 2015, 6:00 am
posted on August 27th, 2015, 3:53 am
Great mod especially allowing me to use more warpins with Mayson. He is now my favorite choice again. :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed and it might just be on the two maps I use (the two largest 8 player maps) but the Dominion seems to be broken some how. No longer how long I wait they never seem to build anyting beyond the first tier of stuff and just keep sending out small ships and never build the bigger shipyards. Klingons and Romulans seem to work just fine and in fact the Klingons are doing much better with your mod than without it as they used to be the ones that took forever to build 2 and 3 tier ships.
posted on August 27th, 2015, 5:24 pm
I need talk to Tryptic next time i see him on steam see if he made a start on hes next V of hes mod but from what i know i don't think he has time any more
posted on August 28th, 2015, 5:18 pm
I have been poked.

It's true that I haven't been able to work on this for a while now. I may never have time to develop every last feature that I was planning to...but then again, I was never going to run out of ideas no matter how long I worked XD

This weekend I'll take another look at the code, maybe remove some of the more experimental features and finally fix the AI. I want to leave you guys with a stable version that will last forever whether I come back to it or not...And hopefully give you something fun to play while we wait for the NX project.

I'll be on teamspeak and tunngle this weekend, so stop by and say hi. Your opinions will almost certainly end up influencing the mod.
posted on September 3rd, 2015, 8:28 pm
Just wanted to let you guys know I've been working on this again, a new post should be coming shortly.
posted on September 5th, 2015, 2:49 am
Awesome. I can't believe that it took me so long to find this mod. I literally just started using it a month or so ago. :thumbsup:
posted on September 22nd, 2015, 11:46 am
Hey Tryptic,

Any update on the AI? We spoke on Team Speak if you remember? Cant wait to try it out.

Question:

Cloak and Lag...

Don't know if this is something you fixed but anytime playing online and a ship on screen is cloaked I get super lag?

Thanks!
posted on September 22nd, 2015, 4:56 pm
I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about cloak lag, that's a problem with the old engine.

Status update: I was camping this weekend and so coding was put on hold. I've almost finished mixed tech for all the races, and now your starbase shows which races' technology you currently have
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8