MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 30
posted on April 15th, 2014, 9:47 pm
As an interim measure I'll attempt altering the CFG file to double values and let you know if it produces the desired effect, once I've let this alcohol finish it's rounds in my system (Read: will do it tomorrow if nobody beats me to the punch).

As previously mentioned, "There and Back Again" (Last Fed mission) is a very good example of a mission that produces this problem. It occurs on most of the other ones to smaller degrees, but this one has it crop up to an incredibly pronounced level.

By pronounced level, I mean 3 vanilla Armada 2 Starbases will not help you level of pronounced (First call for me in the Fed campaign is to throw up 2-3 extra Starbases ASAP in the mission due to Borg space having next to no inhabitable planets, and certain objectives make for natural points to congregate them).

rifraf wrote:From what you describe I think it's because the maps have pre scripted paths for the AI to follow to enter the map and some of them are very high/very low on the z-axis, well outside the +/- 250 limit I placed in the RTS_CFG file. Maybe they get stuck above or below and can't maneuver to within the same level +/- 250 on the z-axis?

This sounds most likely as outside of the one mentioned Fed mission (Haven't gone through the Klingon/Borg ones yet) the problem is more of a rarity than a running problem - Such as AI hitting terrain (Or being spawned oddly) that throws units out of the standard height levels and it doesn't have the common sense to bring them back into the standard levels.

Also, as a fun note, I've broken 3-4 years of lurking to make these two posts, so I hope I've identified a legitimate problem, lol.

EDIT:

Tried your proposed solution of editing the CFG file, and it worked for the most part. Some units still went under the height limit but they quickly resurfaced. Did another play through of "There and Back Again" which was the worst offender of all the Fed missions and it was playable this time around. I'll keep the modified CFG file in whilst I go through the Klingon and Borg campaigns too.
posted on April 19th, 2014, 7:28 pm
@Hicks: Thanks for trying that work around and letting us know. I may have a go at redoing the campaign maps and seeing if I can lower/raise the offending scripted paths to a more sensible level to stop that behavior. However, I am about burned out on editing those maps as I've done it 4 times already. It does need fixed though because one of the main goals I had at the start was to get rid of the map height variations and make them small like FO did. Oi, More work ahead. :)

First post updated as well with a new update. Hope you enjoy.
posted on April 22nd, 2014, 4:25 pm
Roger dodger.

By the way, just letting you know that the ship pathing on the final Borg mission is completely buggered.

I don't know if it's the map or the temporal nebulas, but ships will take extremely odd routes to destinations.

By odd, I mean you can click half a screen to your right into open space and it'll go straight up half a screen, THEN go right, and then go down, as if there is a near planet sized movement blocker in the way. Now imagine this is happening in a map chock full of temporal nebulas which are pretty much instant death for any ship that crosses their path.

Needless to say, I didn't have to worry about the three Species 8472 fleets that proceed to each of the fluidic portals - The pathing and temporal nebulas took care of them just fine for me (Which was something of a relief as 8472 battleships are monstrous for both damage dealing and tanking).

The first thing that springs to mind for me is that the area of space which pathing will work around to avoid nebulas where possible does not actually match up to the nebula locations - If this is possible on the STAII engine (I've never personally modded it).
posted on April 23rd, 2014, 12:29 am
Last edited by rifraf on May 4th, 2014, 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks for the info Hicks. That is very strange. I decided to try something with that last borg mission you mentioned. Attached is a redone map of it. I've moved all the scripted paths to be nearly flat and moved around a couple of the tachyon nebula. I'm going to try it myself, but would you also try this new map and let me know your results?

I don't know if my moving the paths will hose it or not, but if you're willing to try it I'd like to know what you find. I've never moved any of those paths before so we'll see if this experiment works or not.

EDIT 1: So upon first play through I can see that my ships take the wonkiest of paths to go anywhere, gracefully weaving in and out and around no matter where I clicked. I don't think I edited any of the pathing parameters in the RTS-CFG, but will go through it and double check to be sure. I will also try this same map that is from stock and not altered to see how it does.

I played only a little past the first 8472 Fleet coming in to attack my base, but they obviously were killed way out in the distance by the temporal nebs because the box popped up saying I completed the goal of killing them or whatever. It's like nobody, not the AI nor my own ships are even concerned with avoiding them? I will double check to be sure, but I didn't edit the damage radius of any nebulas. I don't think I altered the percent chance/warn thing that states at what crew percent or something like that that a ship has to be at before it warns of danger in a nebula, but will check that too.

Perhaps someone with knowledge of how the maps are scripted can chime in as to what may be happening. All the squiggly lines that are centered around the main rift may actually be paths all around the map even though they are shown in one area? I'll have to keep testing, but thought I'd post initial findings.

EDIT 2: Ok, I tried a stock map in the Classic Mod for FO and I found part of the problem and feel rather stupid about it. I neglected to take into account the fact that the Midnight Universe Mod alters things on the maps due to some of the new stuff it adds. So for instance the stock last borg mission map is supposed to have fluidic nebula around the map, but the MU mod changed them all to tachyon nebs so it's no wonder things were screwed up and everyone was dying left and right.

I've attached a quick fix for a couple of ODF files and a nebula.spr file. So I won't need to edit any maps again as this should fix at least maps with fluidic nebula on them. I've also attached an edited map for the last borg mission if you'd like to test out the scripted pathing of units to see if they play properly and at the correct map heights.
NOTE 1: The nebula fix is necessary to play maps with fluidic nebula on them properly however, the map is not (it's just for testing)
NOTE 2: I included the nebula fix in the 1.6 update

Attachments

a2_borg10-mission-map.zip
(21.17 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
UP 2014-Temp Map Nebula Fix.zip
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
posted on April 27th, 2014, 10:08 am
Just popped in to comment about the temporal Nebulas, glad to see you guys are on it already.

I've found ships are actually attracted to them, they'll intentionally fly into them if left unattended. If you click to a navigation point near them, they'll turn and fly into the nebula instead. Also in 'the maw', there's a temporal nebula right near the quantum singularity that is invisible (as is the quantum singularity itself), that's lots of fun. An invisible instantly deadly nebula right where you're trying to build defences and send reinforcements :p

I've also discovered I can't create fusion cubes. I can research the tech, I can assemble the 8 cubes needed, but when I click on the cube fusion button, they put themselves in the right formation, and that's it. They just sit there until the cube fusion cancels. This happens in instant action as well as in the Rifts mission.

I have that mama cube in my build list as well, but I can't seem to figure out why it should be so damned expensive to build. It gets blown up just as quickly and easily as a standard cube.

EDIT:

I've just tried the modified files you posted, it's fixed the temporal nebula issue in rifts. Ships now avoid the nebulas when told to travel to a point past them, and aren't attracted to them when near them now.

EDIT2:

Just reading back through the thread, I too noticed a problem in there and back, although I didn't think it was height related. I just had invisible ships floating around blowing me up. Borg and 8472 ships that shouldn't be able to become invisible. It looked very similar to one of the special weapons the romulans use, where a fleet can be cloaked and attack you. I had ships stay that way for 10 or 15mins in a game, then suddenly become visible for no apparent reason.
posted on April 27th, 2014, 9:35 pm
Thanks for the info EvilGenius. For the fusing of the cubes I forgot how much room it takes to get them all in place when they are stacked on top of each other. I just tried it and mine wouldn't fuse either. I went into the RTS-CFG file and changed all the following values to +/- 400 and the cubes would then fuse properly since they had the room to maneuver:

// Ship combat configuration
float SKINNY_SHIP_COMBAT_FLOOR = -250.0;
float SKINNY_SHIP_COMBAT_CEILING = 250.0;
float SHIP_COMBAT_FLOOR = -250.0;
float SHIP_COMBAT_CEILING = 250.0;
float DEEP_SPACE_SHIP_COMBAT_FLOOR = -250.0;
float DEEP_SPACE_SHIP_COMBAT_CEILING = 250.0;

It's pretty obvious my goal of keeping the map heights to +/- 250 isn't functional when it comes to scripted paths in the campaign maps and fusing cubes. I may set my default at +/- 450 and then make sure my bases and pulse/torp turrets have a range of 900 to cover that so you can't fly over/under them. This still may not be perfect as some campaign maps must have deeper/higher scripted paths which I am also playing around with. For now if you change the floor/ceiling settings to something higher or even stock which was +/- 400, +/- 1250 and +/- 3000 respectively that should let the missions play better. I need to find the absolute minimum setting I can use and/or move the scripted paths in missions so will keep working on it.

On another note I'm also finishing up what will probably be the last update (except bug fixes) before the final version is released and hope to have it out sometime today. I'll update the first post when ready. If anyone runs into any issues at all please post them here so I can try to fix it or deal with it however.
posted on April 28th, 2014, 3:58 am
Update 1.6 now in first post. I hope you like the additions, changes etc... Please let me know of any issues you may have and I'll see if I can fix or get help fixing them
posted on April 28th, 2014, 4:39 am
Thanks for your ongoing efforts mate :thumbsup:

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight.
posted on April 28th, 2014, 12:55 pm
Just seeking confirmation Rifraf, I imagine that version 1.6 does encompasses all the other previous versions changes already, or do we have to download those versions individually??
posted on April 28th, 2014, 2:10 pm
Ok things I've noted so far..

Klingon repair ships don't have the AI button, so you can't change their movement autonomy or special weapon usage etc.

I'm unable to control the level of ships and stations. When I press shift and move the mouse up and down, the height indicator shows as it should, but as soon as I release the mouse, it snaps back to the middle.

There now appears to be a no warp zone around class D planets about the same size as surrounds Class H planets. Was this done on purpose? If so.. why?

The change of the latinum nebulas back to being.. nebulas instead of floating crystals in space was a great call :thumbsup:

I'm not sold on the shortened pulse beams, they look like you're being attacked with a pea shooter.. Just my personal opinion on this one obviously, it's your mod :)

I noticed this in earlier versions, but now's as good a time as any.. 8472 battleships are too small I think. They're the size of a cargo ship?

The fluidic rift and nebulas in 'the maw' are fixed :thumbsup:

Fusion cubes are fixed :thumbsup:

I'll keep playing and note anything else I come across.

Love your work :)
posted on April 28th, 2014, 3:38 pm
Last edited by rifraf on May 13th, 2014, 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
EvilGenius wrote:Ok things I've noted so far..

Klingon repair ships don't have the AI button, so you can't change their movement autonomy or special weapon usage etc.

The Klingon repair ship was the only one to have a phaser weapon which I deleted. I may have deleted its autonomy settings by mistake. I'll have a look at the other repair ship odf settings. EDIT: FIxed-See below.

EvilGenius wrote:I'm unable to control the level of ships and stations. When I press shift and move the mouse up and down, the height indicator shows as it should, but as soon as I release the mouse, it snaps back to the middle.

This is probably due to a change in the RTS-CFG I made to the cfg-Tactical-Where-Mode near the top. I changed the setting from 3 to 1 to force ships to always go back to zero elevation. I want to force play to take place at zero elevation and do away with height change, but leave enough room for ships to move around each other and such. EDIT: See notes below.

EvilGenius wrote:There now appears to be a no warp zone around class D planets about the same size as surrounds Class H planets. Was this done on purpose? If so.. why?

I didn't make any changes to this that I recall. The planet de-warp radius is set in the RTS-CFG, but it's a global change. Not sure how only one planet could be affected? Will take a look. EDIT: I have no idea what is causing this however, I don't really see a de-warp zone in the mini map? Will keep looking

EvilGenius wrote:The change of the latinum nebulas back to being.. nebulas instead of floating crystals in space was a great call :thumbsup:

I agree. I could never figure out why they changed until I discovered the MU mod changes that happened.

EvilGenius wrote:I'm not sold on the shortened pulse beams, they look like you're being attacked with a pea shooter.. Just my personal opinion on this one obviously, it's your mod :)

I may have went overboard? :) To be honest I just halved their size since they were pretty long and I didn't even look in game to see them. Careless on my part and I'm sorry about that. I'll reevaluate. EDIT: I've edited the pulses. See included file below.

EvilGenius wrote:I noticed this in earlier versions, but now's as good a time as any.. 8472 battleships are too small I think. They're the size of a cargo ship?

They are the size ChileTrek made them and I left it. If I recall the battleship is smaller than an Intrepid class.

EvilGenius wrote:The fluidic rift and nebulas in 'the maw' are fixed :thumbsup:

Right? Glad that mystery got solved. :)

EvilGenius wrote:Fusion cubes are fixed :thumbsup:

Ditto

@jh02: Each update is incremental so you'll have to download/install each one as the 1.1 full version was the last time I posted a full version to keep from having to do it over and over. Sorry about that, but should be less hassle this way.

EDIT:
--To fix Klingon Repair Ship:
In Fleet Ops go to mods/STA2 Upgrade Project 2014/odf/ships and open ksrepair.odf. Scroll down to the bottom and where it says //alert = 1, delete the slashes and make it alert = 1 so you can now assign movement and special weapon autonomy to this ship.
NOTE: This repair ship fix will be in Update 1.7

--If you want to be able to move your ships up/down on the z-axis in the map:
In FO go to mods/STA2 Upgrade Project 2014/RTS_CFG. Scroll down just a tiny bit and look for int cfgTACTICAL_WHERE_MODE = 1;

These are your choices to input for the value:
1 = Causes a vessel will automatically return to zero height unless you keep holding down shift after issuing a move up / down order using shift and click.
2 = Causes a vessel to remember its current height. However, when two or more vessels with varying heights are selected and given a move order, they will all return to zero height.
3 = Causes a vessel to remember its current height. When two or more vessels with varying heights are selected and given a move order, they will all move to the average of those summed heights.

Change your value to whichever behavior suits you.
NOTE: I will be changing this value back to 3 in Update 1.7

--For the length of the pulse weapon textures:
Copy/paste the included xxpulseo.odf files into your mods/STA2 Upgrade Project 2014/odf/weapons/Pulse folder and overwrite. I made them a bit longer so they look a little more proportional
NOTE: These updated pulse phaser files are not necessary unless you want yours to look a bit longer in game. Download only if you want. However, all future full versions of the mod will have these new pulse lengths.

Attachments

STA2 UP 2014 Pulse.zip
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
posted on April 29th, 2014, 2:07 am
Thanks for the reply Rifraf
posted on April 29th, 2014, 10:28 am
Urgh, I've typed this out 3 times now, for some reason when I hit submit it just refreshes the reply screen, erasing everything I've typed :angry:

I've just replayed 'There and Back Again', there are still invisible ships floating around all over the place. Seems they come onto the map from too high or too low and while ever they stay at that elevation they remain invisible, but as soon as they try to change elevation they're instantly forced to the centre. Even though they appear in the centre though, ships still fire on them like they're high or low. They hit the target, but it looks weird.

Also in 'Staging Grounds', there's an invisible radioactive nebula in the top left of the map, near the latinum nebulas. Ships don't try to avoid it so you have to guide them around it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4ivs012f6gm7 ... 195325.png

rifraf wrote:This is probably due to a change in the RTS-CFG I made to the cfg-Tactical-Where-Mode near the top. I changed the setting from 3 to 1 to force ships to always go back to zero elevation. I want to force play to take place at zero elevation and do away with height change, but leave enough room for ships to move around each other and such. EDIT: See notes below.

Have you decided what you're going to do with this in the final release? As it is now set to 1, everything is restricted to that centre elevation, no ships or stations anywhere else. I think it actually detracts from the game, it's not 3D if you can't use different elevations. It's possibly the cause for the funkiness I noted above in 'there and back again' as well.

rifraf wrote:I didn't make any changes to this that I recall. The planet de-warp radius is set in the RTS-CFG, but it's a global change. Not sure how only one planet could be affected? Will take a look. EDIT: I have no idea what is causing this however, I don't really see a de-warp zone in the mini map? Will keep looking

I think it not appearing on the minimap for you may be a scale issue, either a large map, or a planet at a high elevation.

Here's how it appears in the Klingon mission 'Blockade':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yi7oyg2peqad ... 182202.png

And here's one in the Federation mission 'Along the Neutral Zone':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/end9kmt93sfmq ... 182825.png

Here you can't see a pink area around the planet on the minimap, but if you park a ship right beside the planet on this map, it actually appears on the minimap inside the planet.

This might all be in my head, but I remember in the original you could go to warp from pretty much right beside a class D planet. In this version, ships head away from the planet at impulse first, then go to warp. I've only noticed it recently too.

rifraf wrote:They are the size ChileTrek made them and I left it. If I recall the battleship is smaller than an Intrepid class.

Hmm, I don't think you can strictly compare a game to the tv series though. If you did that a battleship could wipe out a cube in one or two shots and be all but impervious to normal weapons. A single battleship could own the map.. any map.

Personally I'll be bumping up their size, just because they're so hard to see, and unlike a scout, overlooking one of these is a serious issue :P

rifraf wrote:EDIT: I've edited the pulses. See included file below.

Much better :)

Edit:

Something else I forgot to mention. This isn't a new issue, it's been happening since I started playing this mod. You used to be able to put a repair ship on high movement autonomy and high special weapon autonomy, and they'd float around inside a given area and fix stuff, all by themselves. Now if you set them the same way, they'll only automatically fix something if they're sitting right beside it, and even then you sometimes have to actually tell them to do it. IE they can be sitting right beside an object with damage and do nothing about it until you direct them.

Also if you highlight a repair ship and right click on a damaged ship/station to repair it, they just sit there. You have to move them to within range of the damaged object first, then tell them to repair it.

Only have the free version of fraps, but this still shows it off well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDB7C2e-yjY

Edit2:

Next problem, you can't build a shockwave station in 'battle of crucis major'. It's not made available in the build list until the following mission. Problem here being.. it's one of the objectives for the mission :)
posted on April 29th, 2014, 4:37 pm
Urgh, I've typed this out 3 times now, for some reason when I hit submit it just refreshes the reply screen, erasing everything I've typed :angry:

EvilGenius wrote:I've just replayed 'There and Back Again', there are still invisible ships floating around all over the place. Seems they come onto the map from too high or too low and while ever they stay at that elevation they remain invisible, but as soon as they try to change elevation they're instantly forced to the centre. Even though they appear in the centre though, ships still fire on them like they're high or low. They hit the target, but it looks weird.

Is this mission the last Borg mission 10? If it is did you try the edited version I posted a few posts up? I lowered all the lines (that I honestly have no idea what they are) however, assumed they were scripted path lines to near zero elevation so if ships are still coming onto the map above or below the zero level then I'm not sure how to fix them? All the ships that come in at certain times on the map aren't actually in the map in the editor so maybe it's hard coded for their entry point? I'll keep looking at this.

EvilGenius wrote:Also in 'Staging Grounds', there's an invisible radioactive nebula in the top left of the map, near the latinum nebulas. Ships don't try to avoid it so you have to guide them around it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4ivs012f6gm7 ... 195325.png

I'll look at this map and can delete that nebula if it's not necessary to game play.

rifraf wrote:This is probably due to a change in the RTS-CFG I made to the cfg-Tactical-Where-Mode near the top. I changed the setting from 3 to 1 to force ships to always go back to zero elevation. I want to force play to take place at zero elevation and do away with height change, but leave enough room for ships to move around each other and such. EDIT: See notes below.

EvilGenius wrote:Have you decided what you're going to do with this in the final release? As it is now set to 1, everything is restricted to that centre elevation, no ships or stations anywhere else. I think it actually detracts from the game, it's not 3D if you can't use different elevations. It's possibly the cause for the funkiness I noted above in 'there and back again' as well.

I'm still playing around with this to decide which way I'll go. I personally don't like the 3D environment and play top down view 99% of the time like how FO is (obviously the campaign requirements are a different beast.) However, If I can't iron out the issues with the mission maps and ships going above/below the elevation limit then I will have to admit failure and keep the ability to maneuver in full 3D. This will also mean that since I changed all the nebulas on all the campaign maps to be zero elevation you'll be able to go over/under them so I'll have to move them up/down like in stock to stop the player from going wherever they want. If I only had to worry about the instant action aspect then this would be a non-issue. :)

rifraf wrote:I didn't make any changes to this that I recall. The planet de-warp radius is set in the RTS-CFG, but it's a global change. Not sure how only one planet could be affected? Will take a look. EDIT: I have no idea what is causing this however, I don't really see a de-warp zone in the mini map? Will keep looking

EvilGenius wrote:I think it not appearing on the minimap for you may be a scale issue, either a large map, or a planet at a high elevation.

Here's how it appears in the Klingon mission 'Blockade':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yi7oyg2peqad ... 182202.png

And here's one in the Federation mission 'Along the Neutral Zone':

https://www.dropbox.com/s/end9kmt93sfmq ... 182825.png

Here you can't see a pink area around the planet on the minimap, but if you park a ship right beside the planet on this map, it actually appears on the minimap inside the planet.

This might all be in my head, but I remember in the original you could go to warp from pretty much right beside a class D planet. In this version, ships head away from the planet at impulse first, then go to warp. I've only noticed it recently too.

I'm wondering if maybe it's hard coded in the campaigns to have more of a no warp zone where normally the planet doesn't have much of one? I really have no explanation of this so will have to look into this one more.

rifraf wrote:They are the size ChileTrek made them and I left it. If I recall the battleship is smaller than an Intrepid class.

EvilGenius wrote:Hmm, I don't think you can strictly compare a game to the tv series though. If you did that a battleship could wipe out a cube in one or two shots and be all but impervious to normal weapons. A single battleship could own the map.. any map.

Personally I'll be bumping up their size, just because they're so hard to see, and unlike a scout, overlooking one of these is a serious issue :P

I do agree they are very small and I do have a hard time seeing them too. To be honest, I'm going to be bumping up the size of everything a bit just to help out on the eyes. :) I'm also wishing I wouldn't have made the map lighting so dark because I have a danged hard time seeing the darker ships as well.

rifraf wrote:EDIT: I've edited the pulses. See included file below.

EvilGenius wrote:Much better :)

Thanks. I think I should never have adjusted their size to begin with. Reason being that the original textures were my edits from stock so they looked large anyway. Using the ones from FO now look way better and were a tad thinner so they came out tiny when I changed the sizes.

EvilGenius wrote:Edit:

Something else I forgot to mention. This isn't a new issue, it's been happening since I started playing this mod. You used to be able to put a repair ship on high movement autonomy and high special weapon autonomy, and they'd float around inside a given area and fix stuff, all by themselves. Now if you set them the same way, they'll only automatically fix something if they're sitting right beside it, and even then you sometimes have to actually tell them to do it. IE they can be sitting right beside an object with damage and do nothing about it until you direct them.

Also if you highlight a repair ship and right click on a damaged ship/station to repair it, they just sit there. You have to move them to within range of the damaged object first, then tell them to repair it.

Only have the free version of fraps, but this still shows it off well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDB7C2e-yjY

That is definitely strange. I'm not sure what would cause this as I don't recall making any edits to the repair ships overall except that Klingon one? I'll take a look again though as I also recall in stock they would always fly off on their own to repair stuff pretty far away.

EvilGenius wrote:Edit2:

Next problem, you can't build a shockwave station in 'battle of crucis major'. It's not made available in the build list until the following mission. Problem here being.. it's one of the objectives for the mission :)

I don't recall this mission, but it may be due to an edit the ImpSPCam team made? I'll look into it though and see if the station was excluded from being built when in fact it shouldn't have been and let you know.

I really appreciate all the help you and everyone else has been. Thank you for taking the time to test these and let me know. I'll keep sending you stuff to test if you'd like to be the guinea pig so to speak? :)
posted on April 29th, 2014, 5:40 pm
rifraf wrote:I really appreciate all the help you and everyone else has been. Thank you for taking the time to test these and let me know. I'll keep sending you stuff to test if you'd like to be the guinea pig so to speak? :)

Sure mate I'm happy to beta test for you, I'm actually on leave at the moment and have absolutely nothing better to do :P

rifraf wrote:Is this mission the last Borg mission 10? If it is did you try the edited version I posted a few posts up? I lowered all the lines (that I honestly have no idea what they are) however, assumed they were scripted path lines to near zero elevation so if ships are still coming onto the map above or below the zero level then I'm not sure how to fix them? All the ships that come in at certain times on the map aren't actually in the map in the editor so maybe it's hard coded for their entry point? I'll keep looking at this.

No no, it's federation mission 10. I *think* I've grabbed all of the files you've posted up so far, I'm definitely on version 1.6 and I've copied in all the attached patches I've noticed along the way. I'll go back and double check though, hate to think I have you chasing your tail on something you've already fixed...

rifraf wrote:I'll look at this map and can delete that nebula if it's not necessary to game play.

I can't think of a good reason for it to be there, it's not screening anything.

rifraf wrote:I'm still playing around with this to decide which way I'll go. I personally don't like the 3D environment and play top down view 99% of the time like how FO is (obviously the campaign requirements are a different beast.) However, If I can't iron out the issues with the mission maps and ships going above/below the elevation limit then I will have to admit failure and keep the ability to maneuver in full 3D. This will also mean that since I changed all the nebulas on all the campaign maps to be zero elevation you'll be able to go over/under them so I'll have to move them up/down like in stock to stop the player from going wherever they want. If I only had to worry about the instant action aspect then this would be a non-issue. :)

Haha, yeah. For me though, the missions are a large part of why I keep coming back to this game. Having objectives other than 'blow up everything' keeps it interesting. And for me, the 3D aspect is a plus. I like that there are torpedo turrets hidden a million miles up the Z axis, I like that things like the fluidic rift in 'the maw' is way down the Z axis, it adds another element to game. When I first found out about FO I installed it, saw it was just instant action and uninstalled it... Wasn't until I found out about these mods that I bothered with it at all.

rifraf wrote:I don't recall this mission, but it may be due to an edit the ImpSPCam team made? I'll look into it though and see if the station was excluded from being built when in fact it shouldn't have been and let you know.

It's definitely popped up in the last revision or two, as I've completed the mission without the cheat. I've checked the 'techtree' files, but.. I'm not actually sure how to read them just yet :( I'll have a bit of a play and see if I can't figure it out myself, if not.. kobayashimaru :P

http://giphy.com/gifs/7nj3MsSr0tQJi
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 30