Tryptic's Mod Version 2

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
posted on March 7th, 2016, 6:15 pm
Sure, I'd be willing to look at them if you'd like. You'll have to find a way to provide me with the code, and explain what it is you're looking for. Hit me up with a PM if you're interested.
posted on March 15th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Hey all i was talking to Tryptic today as a few people was asking where to download hes mod he don't have much time but he said when he gets off work he try to put a link to hes mod on the forums for people that don't/wanna download or use TS3

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on March 16th, 2016, 1:44 pm
Hey all this is a link to tryptic mod for them people that don't have TS3 to download it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6b190z3vgg9 ... et.7z?dl=0
posted on March 31st, 2016, 1:40 pm
Alright guys, it has happened. I've been inspired to work on the mod again, and I will be using as much of this inspiration as I can. I'm reassembling my files and about to get cracking.

Unfortunately, I know I've gotten more feedback from you guys than I currently have recorded. I'm going to make a list of everything from my memory or my notes that I find as I assemble my TO DO list. If there is anything else you know about, please let me know.

-Hotkeys - return some hotkeys to previous configuration. Finish assigning hotkeys for every single build/ability option
-BortaS - fix the probes firing backwards and abilities not always showing up
-Borg AI - Tweaks to make it more balanced vs humans instead of other AI
-Intercept Dodecahedron - rate of fire decrease
-Mixed Tech - provide better explanation in tooltips, add animation to Tech Transfer
-All AI - modify base files for Easy/Normal/Hard/Merciless to make them more viable

-Videos - Intro videos for each race plus some modding content
posted on March 31st, 2016, 3:46 pm
Me and Shadow have played a lot of games on your mod we both think that the Starbase/Perimeter need a buff as they die a lot lot faster now as you buff a lot of the late game ships and the starbase is you last line of deff so should be hard to kill and the Perimeter that use to be good and kind of OP guess that why you could only build 3 are far from OP/ even good now due to there cost and how good they are now vs your buff late game ships. P.S people tek up a lot in your mod so many late game ship much more then you ever seening in 3.2.7

On side note you can build all most 3 big d to one neg so maybe buff them a bit more as at it stand all they have over the big d is speed and for that bit more speed they have less deff less off and take more dill/tri/time to start building them i know this as i rush them in a ffa when shadow rush to big d and he got to 2 and a bit big d by time i had one and they all so don't have cloak when build.

On the fed side hugo was playnig them and think they all so need a buff kind of for the same reason as the neg dill/tri/time to build vs the big d and the fed hugo said all ways seem to be the tanks of FO i said yes to the sov was more of a power tank with good off but very nice deff and the defiant was more off and power off like a neg but as it is now with all the big to mini buff of all the ship there both kind of bad more so on the defiant with the cost and it off and time to build is BAD

me and shadow all so tho it's still kind of dam hard for borg to see cloak ships we know you change it but shadow said you need the TM to get the technology to have a pig and being a borg that something you don't build for sometime and even more so in 1v1 so we was hoping your move it to the CM or have a cloak thing like the fed scout and for the sphere the beam mod you have change need to have the ROF faster as ship can still get away coz of the 6 sec you need wait for it to fire again + they still die way to fast in mid to late game vs all the mini/big buff to ships and as i have said many time buff borg energy on the sphere or lower the cost of regen or just give them more base deff by a nice bit DON'T FOR GET BORG SHIP DON'T GET RANKS THERE NEVER GET BETTER THEN THE BASE SHIP YOU BUILD vs red or race where they can and ofton do.

P.S mini buff to S7 deff and speed and play around with the Avalon them seem to not get build much maybe coz of it speed or maybe it need a buff idk guess like a B-5 Battle Cruiser but really slow and cost a lot to build and time idk
posted on March 31st, 2016, 4:10 pm
Last edited by The Mighty Master2.0 on March 31st, 2016, 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O and on side note maybe look at ships ..

Pyramid
Breen Battleship/S-7 Defender
Phalanx/Avalon
Cho’naQ/LuSpet
Eresis

They seem be the most un use ships in your mod as far as i can tell
posted on March 31st, 2016, 4:17 pm
The Avalon has two really big minuses and one small one for Feds:

1) It's the Federation's slowest combat ship. This means it's hard to commit and harder to retreat, making deployment risky. This would be OK except for...
2) Supply cost of 50. This is a huge chunk of a Fed's Supply purchase.
3) Large and a Defence of 37. This is fine for a Chassis 2 Battleship, but it does mean that it's relatively vulnerable.

The fighters make for great damage absorption, but only if the Fed player can force their opponent to fire on the move--which they can't, not in the same way as eg Romulans can with Serkas. Sure, it's got long-range on its phaser, so it can at least sit in the back rank, but when the Federation player finds themself running, it's first on the chopping block.

TL;DR: it's slow, expensive on a hard-locking resource, doesn't work for mobile fights, and is a vulnerable and valuable target in stand-up fights.

Oh yeah, and their fighters give Newtons fits, as they're units that can be damaged, but can't be targeted. So the Newtons want to repair them, but can't, so sit there doing nothing.

Edit: One reason you might not be seeing too many Avalon / Phalanx is that most Fed players are probably still selecting Mayson as their Avatar. His early game durability advantage is far stronger than Risner's offensive advantages throughout the game.

As for the Phalanx, it's strong offensively, but it has too many forward-only facing weapons, and moves a bit too quickly for fleet fights. It tends to lunge ahead of other ships of the line, bringing it deeper into the enemy's area and making it hard to extract. Fed players at that stage of the game would probably be better served using the resources on more Sovereigns.
posted on March 31st, 2016, 6:40 pm
Yes the super slow speed on the Avalon and the cost even the build time is big reason why lot people don't use it i think gets pick off all time but most fed late game ships are slow there have no fast ones really o they have the defiant but in try mod it a bad ship need a buff the build time on the defiant is out of this world lol :D and need a buff to off and baby one to deff and it's a war ship after all

Dom late game ship are kind of fast and the have speed upgrade so they can run away much better rom and some king ship are slow but then have cloak so that's all ok
posted on May 15th, 2016, 9:20 am
LuSpet!? Field Of Fire...

I like this ship... but for some reason field of fire does nothing... at all... whatsoever?

No shield damage
No hull damage
No sub-system damage?

IS it a bug? Wahhhhhh
posted on May 15th, 2016, 6:06 pm
Oh look, you found a bug! Congratulations! :woot:

I just looked at the code and tested it. Field of Fire does 24 direct hull damage to 5 ships, non-random. That means if a large group uses it they will all affect the 5 ships closest to the blast.

However, only the unranked Field of Fire is applying its damage. Any ranked ship is doing nothing at all. I'll fix this in the next version, don't worry.

Now you kids be careful with this new toy. The Veteran Luspet deals 90 damage per target, so play nice with it or you'll put someone's eye out.
posted on May 16th, 2016, 6:47 am
Tryptic, thou arte ace!

Now that I know the damage is 90 at veteran... My housemate won't know what's hit him... Mwa ha ha ha (as and when the bug is fixed).

Thanks!
posted on May 17th, 2016, 5:38 am
I'm surprised that, in the various Federation vs Klingon replays I've watched, LuSpets weren't used more. I'd figure the direct hull damage they do would be pretty much a game-ender.
posted on May 29th, 2016, 8:32 pm
New Bug!

Romulan Construction Ships - they are only able to build turrets if you construct them after you unlock turrets in the techtree. Even if you unlock turrets, you cannot build them with construction vessels that were built prior to unlocking...

On a side note, would there be any way to create a turret cap. Me and my hosuemate like having epic battles but there is an issues with turrets being a bit OTT. Is it at least possible to introduce a cap for each player so that they become even more strategic?
posted on May 30th, 2016, 12:44 am
Alright, I'll look into it. It might be something I've already fixed in the version I'm working on...

Just out of curiosity, when you say turrets, which race(s) are you referring to?
posted on May 30th, 2016, 8:24 am
Heya!

All of them. However appreciate the difficulty is applying a fair system but I suppose it could work off offensive value or by adding up off, def and sys (but squaring off to draw focus on that) and then applying a maximum combined value for turrets.

This would mean that in longer more epic battles, you simply can't turtle to a degree where the game becomes a bit pointless.

As a priorit it is clearly low, because most people's play style is to get in there and attack from the get go. For large epic games though, it means that strategy of defending resourcing and main base becomes a real consideration.

Borg are a little different I guess because they just have the tetrahedrons...

What do u think?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8