Tryptic's Mod Version 2

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
posted on June 2nd, 2014, 8:49 pm
Last edited by Tryptic on December 9th, 2016, 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
The time has come.

Tryptic's Mod V2 is finished! This version attempts to build upon the changes in V1, scaling back some of the things that were considered overpowered and adding more features. I will admit some of these changes are more complicated and far-reaching than the first set, and I look forward to getting your feedback about them. As always I have my own point of view, but if many people seem to agree on something I will abide by their decision.

I will be doing a series of YouTube videos explaining the changes. The Installation/Intro video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6OBgbZM8A

...and I'll post more links as I finish them. It'll take me a few days to get a complete changelog here on the forums but when that's finished I'll link it as well.

Current Version: 2.5c

Tryptic's Mod Download links:
http://ge.tt/6Khfw1J1
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/y5v9ak ... Operations

I am pleased to announce the release of Tryptic's Mod v3.0a. With this release, work on version 2.5 will stop. Sorry I never released 2.5d, but I think you guys will be pleased with what I've done moving forward :woot:

I'll also stop updating all of my old threads, so if you want to get notifications you'll need to say something in the Version 3 thread.

Link to the new forum thread:

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modific ... on-3-13035
posted on July 31st, 2014, 5:25 am
Here's a quick changelog of the major changes this time around. Also, a shameless way to bump this thread.

All Races
Artillery and Strategic range increased
Artillery-range turrets are now "Sub-Artillery" with a range of 1000 (Long range is 800, Artillery is 1200)
Troopship boarding bonus increased

Borg
Assimilator and Sphere require Nodes level 2
All small and medium ships can gain a weaker version of Regeneration once it is researched at the Transmission Matrix
Adaption Level technology costs CC to research and increases the number of technology slots as well as weapon damage
Dodecahedron Relays can gain access to many specials, including Nanites and Boarding, with the proper research
New cloak detect mechanic: Probes and EM scubes can cause Sensor Relays to send out a Tachyon ping

Dominion
New B-5 special: Bio-Warhead - causes variable shield damage and may disable life support for a very long time
Bug ram damage increased, slight cost tweaks to Bug, C-11, and Alpha refits

Federation
Pulse platform Offense increased and firing patterns changed
Sovereign cost increased and Offense/Defense increased, Distortion Field gets better as the ship ranks up
Small nerfs to the Eraudi yard and the Nova

Klingon
Field Yard supply costs removed
Imperial Yard supply cost added, mineral cost lowered
Small nerfs to Veqlaragh defense, firing arc
New scout station (long vision range); all defensive structures now require Field Research OR Armory

Romulan
Disruptor turret cost and offense increased; now disables weapons in Pulse mode, disables engines in Projectile mode
Intelligence Center is available sooner, for less minerals but more supply
The Tavara can now be upgraded to one of three refits:
- Spectre Refit: Increases Offense, System, and speed
- Dreadnought Refit: Increases Offense and Defense
- Bastion Refit: Increases Defense, System, vision, and adds a Singularity Transmitter
posted on August 1st, 2014, 1:27 am
I am sure many have said it, but its worth saying again. Thank you TRYPTIC and way to go. Look forward to playing it.
posted on August 1st, 2014, 6:05 am
So far, awesome mod. The Borg seem more natural to the game. Also, Dom bugs are fun now...

I wanted to test it more, but I'll post this one before I forget.

Data Mining seems broken. When selected, the research timer triggers, nothing else can be researched, and everything seems normal. At the finish of timer however, the sensor buff is not given and Data Mining becomes available to research again. I actually researched it three times in the same instant action match before ignoring it. I also don't think it took up any research slots.

Otherwise, every special I've researched has been used and worked. Will report if I find anything else.

CPU: Intel i7
Played via 3.2.7. mod loader.
posted on August 1st, 2014, 8:56 am
Hey Tryptic,

Looking through the Tavara Files something seems a bit strange:

rom_tavaraY ---> Speed 90
rom_tavaraY_DC (Bastion) --> Speed 110
rom_tavaraY_WC (Specter) --> Speed 110
rom_tavaraY_WD (Dreadnought) --> Speed 90

rom_tavaraZ --> Speed 100
rom_tavaraY_DC (Bastion) --> Speed 100
rom_tavaraY_WC (Specter) --> Speed 120
rom_tavaraY_WD (Dreadnought) --> Speed 100

So for Y both Bastion and Specter get Speed update, for Z only Specter.
Also Z ist always 10 faster than Y.

Is that intended ?

Regards
Resistance
posted on August 1st, 2014, 1:09 pm
...crap. No, its' not, only the Spectre should get the bonus. Thanks for catching that.

And thanks for catching the problem with Data Mining, Jinseta. It was one of the last things I worked on before release, since I was trying to add another feature to it but I wasn't able to make it work yet.

I will fix both of these issues right away, and release 2.1 after people have had a bit more time to find bugs and give me feedback :D

Also thanks to Shadow for finding another bug: Taqroja's starting constructors can't build the new scout station.

I realize that there are a lot of bugs in this release, since I'm only one guy and I didn't have much time to test. But as the guys said on Tunngle the other day, releasing it to you guys is my testing. So expect 2.1 to have a lot fewer bugs.

By the way Jinseta, Resistance, and Shadow each of you can choose a ship from the game that I'll give a special name in your honor. For example if I chose the Rhienn then every once in a while there would be a Rhienn called "Tryptic's command ship" or something. Let me know the ship and what you want your special name to be, you can either post it here or PM me. Anybody who finds a bug or gives good feedback will get one of these added to the next version of Tryptic's Mod, so get out there and do some testing!!!
posted on August 2nd, 2014, 5:19 am
Another thing people are telling me is that the AI has some strange behavior in Tryptic's Mod. So far, I have not touched it at all so it makes sense that some of the AI build orders could be messed up.

So here's a thought. I could get in there and start modifying the AI myself, to try to make it work better with the mod. But I also know that several other members of this community have tried modifying the AI in the past. Usually they had trouble getting people to adopt their new lists as people didn't want to mess with their multiplayer compatibility for a singleplayer feature. If anybody out there is interested in getting your own AI build order into Tryptic's Mod, hit me up and we'll talk. I'm always willing to get more people involved with the project, but so far nobody's volunteered. Maybe I would get more help if I hadn't named it after myself... :sweatdrop:
posted on August 2nd, 2014, 8:57 am
Hello Tryptic,

something is wrong with Starfleet Command: My game crashes all the time when I select the "Build SFC"-button. Can you check, what is causing that problem, pls. It seems to be only a problem with Risner...

While I have to agree, that the AI is not as powerful as in vanilla FO, I also have to say, that I really like the new features and balance changes!

Keep it up, because your mod is awesome!!!

Edit 1: I am not sure about the Eraudi-yard. Its defence value is far to low for its mineral cost. I would either low its costs (like in V1.6) or raise its defence value (maybe to 90-100)...

Edit 2: If you play as Romulans and make one Tavara a veteran, there is a possibility to upgrade two refits: the spectre refit and the dreadnought refit. This is possible, when the Norexan special is researched and actived on a spectre refited veteran Tavara...
posted on August 4th, 2014, 4:37 am
Tryptic's Mod 2.1 is now out, fixing a number of bugs including all those listed here. The link will stay the same from now on.

Also, Alpha Line, you may pick a ship type and a special name and I'll program it so that every once in a while one will spawn with that name :D
posted on August 4th, 2014, 12:36 pm
More bug find:
FOScreenShot_140804_140448.png
FOScreenShot_140804_140448.png (648.86 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
posted on August 4th, 2014, 4:29 pm
Romulan Tavara again: In V2.1 the Norexan special on a veteran Tavara (spectre refit) doesn't work... :sweatdrop:
posted on August 12th, 2014, 5:02 pm
Tryp, we just find big unbalance.....
romulan cant defend vs asim rush, pls inmediately restor crew of 200 on griffins.

did you change blue asim beam somehow ?,or energy recharge rate ?
posted on August 15th, 2014, 1:24 am
Tryptic's Mod 2.2 will come out tomorrow afternoon (well, afternoon for me) Changes include:

Fixes
-Veteran Tavara MPW works
-Pyramid Boarding works
-New Borg tech requirements work
-New B5 special works

Changes
-Troopship bonus increased again
-Dode Relay supply cost removed, Sensor Ping affects dode relays
-Sensor Relay energy cost increased
-Devastating attack and High Energy slicer energy cost and cooldown increased on all large Borg ships
-Sphere regeneration energy cost reduced
-Holding beams improved, energy costs reduced
-Nodes level CC gain reduced
-Assimilate Avatar Nodes research cost reduced
-Nanites energy cost reduced
-Shrike special changed to Tal'Shiar Agent
-Eresis supply cost increased, radiation array research moved to Upgrade Facility
-Generix refits build time decreased slightly
-Generix Specter speed increased
-Field Yard Special Forces extension supply cost added
-Susa speed decreased
-Vorcha firing arc expanded to 3/4 PI
-Excelsior II build time increased slightly, can move slowly with guided torpedoes active
-Sovereign defense increased
-Risner Eraudi Yard defense increased
-Puretech B5 range bonus removed

There's more to come, but I decided to release with what I have instead of making people wait for the bug fixes.
posted on August 15th, 2014, 8:00 pm
TaQ'roja has no scout station.....
opt. borg cant build uplink...
posted on August 15th, 2014, 11:01 pm
Yeah, the 2.2 I released had a lot of issues. I'm currently going through them one by one, making sure everything is good to go. I'll release a new file in about an hour. Anyone who downloaded it today should delete their 2.2 folder and get the new one once it's up.

My humblest apologies for the rush job :ermm:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8