TACTICAL EXTENSION MOD (FOR STA2 Upgrade Project)

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on April 7th, 2014, 8:15 pm
V1.0 .. is out. Yay!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ym47i ... MOD_10.rar

New ships! New Specials! New balance!

KNOWN PROBLEMS:

- this verison doesn't have all of the new weapons files applied to ships (they are there, but not on all ships yet)
- Federation and Klingon campaigns playtested and working, altough keep in mind the buildlists are not yet final.
- Borg campaign freezes in mission 1 for unknown reasons for me.
- For some reasons the big starbases are not buildable by anyone (they appear fine in the mission editor tough)
- Easter egg in the last fed mission isn't working due to my mistake. Will fix it.

Note: The borg are a lot more powerfull, so the first Fed missions are going be very difficult
posted on April 7th, 2014, 9:24 pm
Downloading now.. What does this add? Besides what youve mentioned here?
posted on April 7th, 2014, 11:27 pm
It includes additions of new ships and re-balances to many parts of the game. Mission and tech lists changed.

Ships in general are a lot more expensive and durable - battleships have a price range of 1600-2000 dil/metal and up to 2000 shield.

ADDITIONAL SHIPS:

FEDERATION:
- Miranda ???
- Excelsior (Gaving1701)
- Ambasador (P81)
- Norway (Deemon & Westworld)
- Titan (M_Pain, Atolm)
- Luna (k_merse)
- Galaxy-X (Demon & superstarAsh) - will be replaced by a better model later
- Spacedock (9of9)

Defiants are now late-game ships, you get acess to Excelsiors and Mirandas early

KLINGON:
- Kron (Rick "Hobbes" Snider, Tycoon)
- Kvek (Don "Cleeve" Woligroski, Reddragon, Tycoon)
- Qyeless (from project ACOM)
- Choq (Azel/Atolm, M_Pain)
- Klingon Starbase (k_outpost - gavin1701)

Changes in ship roles. K'Vort is the new heavy cruiser and has a long-range AoE torpedo special. The Vorcha is the battleship and the previous battleship is now the artillery cruiser

CARDASSIAN:
- Hutet (Major Pain)
- Loknar (Wrath of Achilles)
- Makur (Avon)
- Detapa (adm_stacks)
- Norin (Achilles, M_Pain)
- DS9 ????

ROMULAN:
- Kerchan (anduril, peacefullgenerations mod)
- Valdore (k_merse)
- Shadow Wing (Pepperman/Atolm)
- Jenrix (Pepperman/Atolm)
- Nara (Azel, Atolm, Achilles)
- Romulan Base alpha (???)

EDIT: Problem wiht the Ambassador - I've put in the wronh HP for hte torpedo, so it doesn't fire.

QuickFix - find famabat.odf ship file and replace the weapon lines with this:

Code: Select all
// Phaser
weapon1 = "fgphas"
weaponHardpoints1 = "hp01" "hp02" "hp03" "hp15"

// Photon torpedo
weapon2 = "fgalaxyphot"
weaponHardpoints2 = "hp04" "hp05" "hp09"
posted on April 22nd, 2014, 4:25 pm
So...

No commnets?
Bugs?
suggestions?

And still no one willing to help me convert a better Galaxy-X?

... :(
posted on April 23rd, 2014, 12:23 am
Hey TrashMan. I haven't had time to try your mod yet, but sounds great so far. For the Galaxy-X I know Aad Moerman did one. I think his is the latest one released so you might try it. I know the phaser canon doesn't fire as a weapon so you'd have to ask him to modify his mesh to release it.
posted on April 24th, 2014, 3:44 pm
I have the model already.
I just have trouble converting it on my own for some reason.
posted on April 24th, 2014, 3:58 pm
Try this one - The Galaxy -X Class:

//www.fleetops.net/forums/modscomp ... 3-1-1-6971
posted on May 27th, 2014, 2:33 pm
Isn't that the same model already included in FO?

I've tried every singel Galaxy-X model from aramdafleetcommand files. All are ..low-poly.

I still hope someone, somewhere will help me convert my model. I cna supply it whatever format necessary.
posted on May 29th, 2014, 4:16 pm
TrashMan wrote:
KNOWN PROBLEMS:

- For some reasons the big starbases are not buildable by anyone (they appear fine in the mission editor tough)

The reason the large Fed Starbase (fbasehq) isn't buildable is because it was never assigned a build slot in the construction ships build menu. There isn't room either due to the build limit. You'd have to add another construction ship and then add the name of the station to its build menu in order to be able to build it. Hope that helps.
posted on June 15th, 2014, 7:14 am
Rifraf, according to this link that links to Producers in the FleetOps Guide (http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... t/producer), the maximum units allowed in a "producers" build menu in stock Armada II was a total of 14 (0-13).
Here's a quote from the link I provided: "Craft which can produce other GameObjects: the Producer class specifically constructs a buildItem around itself. All types of Producers can now handle 57 build items (stock Armada II could handle 14 total build items)."

You've stated that the build limit is reached in your post, but your build menu in the Federation Construction ship (fconst) is only 13 items (0-13). According to the Guide's post I quoted, that build limit isn't reached and can hold one more item, for example fbasehq like TrashMan was asking about. Ironically, you are right, I've tried adding fbasehq to the build menus for the construction ship in the original classic mod, your upgrade project and this Extension by TrashMan. All won't allow it to be built or show up. Which is strange since it is showing up in stock Armada II as a 14th item (0-13).

Does anyone have any ideas why? Is this something FleetOps broke? And on an additional part to that question: How come mods aren't able to have a 57 build items limit too?
posted on June 15th, 2014, 6:05 pm
57 build items being allowed is not the same as 57 build items being displayed - 3.2.7 and below have some limits there.

However, here's a screenie that I just made of 15 build items in fyard in 3.2.7:
15BuildItems.png
15BuildItems.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1160 times