MOD: STA2 Upgrade Project 2014 - A stock A2 mod in FO

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30
posted on June 27th, 2014, 4:55 pm
Thanks for the info Benefactor. I really appreciate the feedback so I can keep fixing stuff.

1. The crew and officer number display at the top of the screen for the overall race is what you're saying is off? I didn't notice this particular item, but will have a look.
2&3. The shield inversion beam and energy shield converter blank graphics box is due to FO using those sods for their shield effects and I forgot to note that in the readme. As far as I know there is no fix for that, but perhaps Dominus can speak to that if he sees this?
4. I'm not sure what you mean by the myotronic inhibitor "autocasting?" You mean it fires on it's own without your input?
posted on June 29th, 2014, 11:35 pm
Raptor class is autofiring it`s special ability(myotronic inhibitor) without my command,Sry for my English.
posted on July 24th, 2014, 3:45 am
Sorry I haven't replied Benefactor. Real ife sucker punched me a couple weeks ago and I've been working on a new mod as well. In regards to the Romulan weapon auto-firing. Do you have your special weapon autonomy set to the highest level? If so that is why it'll try to fire whenever it has enough special energy built up.

If you have it set to low and it's still doing it then I'm not sure. I didn't alter that weapon and don't see how it can fire without a command on it's own with low autonomy? Have you noticed it more since?
posted on August 23rd, 2014, 11:57 pm
Ok, even on easy difficulty, the first Fed mission is insane on this. No matter what settings I choose, I'm getting totally worked over by the Borg. It's like it ignores the construction delay and build costs. What's going on here?
posted on August 25th, 2014, 4:19 pm
The Borg in the first mission (most missions in general) have more planets/moons to gather resources from than the player and gets it's specials quickly to overwhelm you. EvilGenius took the approach of building another starbase to shore up the defenses as early as possible and work from there.

You're outgunned and outnumbered, but it is beatable. The assimilator special weapon is especially irritating sucking all the crew out of your ships/stations. :)
posted on August 25th, 2014, 4:48 pm
So basically I should start by setting up my metal processor and my dilithium mining and ignore every other objective until I have another starbase. Ok. I think I can manage that.
posted on October 19th, 2014, 11:31 pm
Just an update to the first post. I've release v2.0a of the mod which will most likely be the last. I'll post fixes and such as they come up, but there's not much left to do. Newer Race-specific GUI's will be the last large update once those get completed down the road.

Thanks to Squire_Jame's help with a fix to the GUI's it spurred me to fix up some other stuff and release another full version. I decided to make a full version as opposed to a patch because I wanted everything in one final (semi-final :rolleyes: ) package with different download options. I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you run into problems and such.

Check the change log at the bottom of the readme for details on what's been done.
posted on October 30th, 2014, 11:27 am
just wanted to let u know amazing mod .

but threre is one map missing the nirvana map it's a map i constanty playing. where tp put this map on armada2 or FO Mod Directorty?

@benefactor you can change the officer count by accessing the RTS cfg file and change it from 999 to 9999, just open with a text app
posted on October 30th, 2014, 1:05 pm
Thanks, glad you like it. I'm still working on stuff for any future updates, but it's basically complete now.

I recognize that map name from way back. Anyway, you would put your map in the FO/data/mods/STA2 Upgrade Project 2014/bzn folder I believe it is with all the other maps.
posted on October 31st, 2014, 8:53 pm
about the officer count i still can't change even after accessing the RTS CFG.H :(
posted on December 5th, 2014, 9:45 pm
And I learn quickly what happens when I raise officer limit in UI and maximum capacity. At least I think that's what happened.

Crusis Major should not have 590 Galors even if they are getting allied support. ^_^ And the mission was nowhere near done even :p

Walls of torpedo turrets were being obliterated, even with damage set to 0.1 of normal. :p
posted on December 7th, 2014, 2:28 am
I updated the first post in the STA2 Import thread with a link to a GitHub repository. Here is a link. If there are any issues with this mod, this may fix it (having problems right now getting everything uploaded).

STA2 Import
posted on December 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm
Thanks, will look at it. ^_^

Will it help on the crashes in the Borg campaign as well? ^_^

Used a cheat to get around Crusis (and that ship capture mission I never get right), and found crashes a-plenty in the Borg missions.
posted on December 8th, 2014, 7:35 pm
Thanks for the info AuroraKet. What kind of crashes did you run into? Which Borg missions? What were you doing at the time, etc? Can you give me some more info? I never experienced any crashes and none were reported until now.

If you can let me know some specifics I can try and fix them.
posted on December 8th, 2014, 7:40 pm
Trying to recall exactly what I was doing, I'll run them again and see. With one I was just gonna hunt down any remaining ships in the system, so told some fleets to seek and destroy, and it suddenly stopped dead, another time I was about to run assimilator beam on a ship I believe.
1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30