I have a question about the Star Trek Armada II classic mod

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
1, 2
posted on May 29th, 2012, 7:11 pm
How do you use that mod to play the single player of armada II on Fleet Ops
posted on May 29th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Did you understand how to use any mod over Fleet Ops? Or is it just the Classic A2?
posted on May 29th, 2012, 8:10 pm
I think he wants to play SP campaign. Is it even possible with that mod?
posted on May 29th, 2012, 8:15 pm
Yes, it's fully functional. It's just Armada II ported as a mod for Fleet Ops: only a few changes were necessary for compatibility.

If you load up the mod, it will appear much as the original did :)
posted on May 29th, 2012, 10:49 pm
k_merse wrote:I think he wants to play SP campaign. Is it even possible with that mod?

Sure, but I wonder since there is no difference to the old way of playing SP. Just enter A2 classic over FleetOps and start the SP campaign...
posted on May 30th, 2012, 1:39 am
Jan wrote:Sure, but I wonder since there is no difference to the old way of playing SP. Just enter A2 classic over FleetOps and start the SP campaign...
  Yeah im asking though how do i install Aramada 2 classic, i couldnt get it too work when i did it last night. and i didnt have a folder in my fleet ops data directory that said Mods, it for some reason wasnt installed with the game.
posted on May 30th, 2012, 2:20 am
Yes, it's not installed with Fleet Ops. Just create a folder called "Mods". The directory should look similar to the following: Fleet Operations installation/Data/mods/STA2 Classic

Remember to extract the STA2 Classic mod before placing it in the 'mods' folder.

The STA2 Classic mod should have contents within it such as AI, animation, bitmaps, etc. :) Make sure that you don't have something like this... Fleet Operations installation/Data/mods/STA2 Classic/STA2 Classic (seems to be a common mistake, that people extract incorrectly and end up with a subfolder with all the contents of the mod).

Once you've placed it in there, simply start Fleet Operations, go to Options->Mod Settings->pick the mod you want to run.
posted on May 30th, 2012, 10:42 am
An explanation of that kind is definitely missing in the FO Guide... How could anybody know this is possible? I'm certain many people would like to have such an explanation somewhere. Clean, swift and without a nasty forum search.
posted on May 30th, 2012, 3:12 pm
An explanation for specifically 'installing' the STA2 Mod is indeed not present, but for any mod in general can be found here: Modification Modules - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations

Likewise an explanation for converting any stock A2 Mod can be found here :) : Converting Stock Mods - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations

but I agree, the readme for Fleet Operations is currently not so illustrative or user friendly for listing these other features.  :sweatdrop:
posted on January 19th, 2014, 2:21 pm
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Yes, it's fully functional. It's just Armada II ported as a mod for Fleet Ops: only a few changes were necessary for compatibility.

If you load up the mod, it will appear much as the original did :)

With new changes that are awesome, such as high resolution, and fleets that can be up to 30 ships instead of 16. And there's one that isn't as good - no save button as far as I can tell - maybe exiting to Windows without aborting does the same thing, but I haven't tried. :hmmm:
posted on January 19th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Yes, that's our fault for that version - to save, hit Ctrl+S, which is the shortcut to save.
posted on January 19th, 2014, 8:35 pm
Looks like we might need a separate set of forums for this.
posted on November 23rd, 2015, 4:34 pm
Partially connected to this question, for those wondering what happened to the intro music:
To change launcher main menu intro music for Star Trek Armada II Classic Mod you find RTS_CFG.h which is located in the main folder of your Armada 2 Classic mod, open in program like Notepad++, then find this line
#define cfgSOUND_SHELL_MUSIC "Mfed300.wav"
and replace the mfed300.wav with Shellsd0.WAV and save.
posted on January 2nd, 2016, 12:52 pm
Hi and happy new year to everyone. I recently discovered the existence of this mod and today I just proceed to install it. No problem with the installation folder, but when I run the mod and begin the first mission, or an Instant Action map, the ships (any of them) doesn't show -- they're here, anyway. Can anyone face the same problem, or could offer a solution?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

a2mod.png
a2mod.png (348.49 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
posted on February 1st, 2016, 10:51 pm
Hi all, i have a separate question in regards to STA2 classic... In the mod description it says that it has all the stock armada gameplay with all the FO features. I was wondering if the features that are included from FO for the classic play is the ship experience one. I was interested in the idea of playing STA2 with the ability for my ships to level up. I did a quick test run in a mission to see if it worked and it didn't.

Is there a way that i would be able to put that mod(ship experience) into the stock game?
1, 2