Classic A2 question

I want my 15 rapid-fire quantum torpedo launchers Uber-Defiant now! - Get help from modders. Share your work. Discuss modifications.
posted on March 28th, 2015, 8:05 pm
I've got the A2 classic mod installed and working but I recently downloaded a family of spacedock type stations found here http://armada2.filefront.com/file/space ... new;121747

I was able to get the small battlestation built but I wanted to use the new stations as an upgrade for the original Outpost. Outpost upgrades to what I call a battle station (The smaller starbase seen in Star Trek Legacy) , Battlestation upgrades to Prototype spacedock, prototype upgrades to 2nd gen, 2nd gen upgrades to modern version. My problem is what I use to accomplish this. I've tried using a modified cubefusion type weapon but it crashes when I click the button. I thought something might be wrong with the odf but there's nothing that I can find. I did add a Spinal Lance type weapon to it but that wouldn't cause it to crash cause it's on the outpost as well. Any suggestions? Again this is for A2 Classic mod.
posted on March 29th, 2015, 2:32 am
Since it's still using the FO code, I highly recommend using the ReplaceWeapon when you want to upgrade from one ship or station to another.
posted on March 29th, 2015, 3:11 am
So i can use the same replace weapons as stock FO? Like the base upgrade only modified for my purposes?
posted on March 29th, 2015, 3:21 pm
Yep, those will work just fine.
posted on March 29th, 2015, 7:40 pm
Ok, i've got the first upgrade working but now I can't upgrade to the spacedock. I keep getting a placeholder render type error on CTD. To make sure it worked i put it in the construction ship as a buildable station and I can click on the button but as soon as i move it crashes to desktop. suggestions?
posted on March 29th, 2015, 8:01 pm
Check the ODFs for typos, missing quotation marks, etc. Usually, when it crashes on loading an ODF it's one of those.
posted on March 29th, 2015, 8:36 pm
The original odf came with like 50+ weapons could that be an issue?
posted on March 30th, 2015, 12:33 am
I don't think so, but I've never tested them that high. Try cutting them down to just the first ten and see if it works.
posted on March 30th, 2015, 2:12 am
Thanks I got it working, it was a self destruct weapon that was misspelled so I removed it. Works fine with 50+ weapons. I don't know if you've seen my other post about my star wars mod thats crashing when I roll over an object. The error report only gives me a cursor interface type error and I don't know what the deal is. I'd really appreciate some help in that area.
posted on March 30th, 2015, 6:15 am
I looked at the thread but I've never seen that error before. Sorry.