Utilizing Map Objects

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on June 11th, 2015, 1:08 pm
Good Morning,
Although I have been playing Fleet Ops for over a year now, I have recently rediscovered this website and found much information. It's an addicting game I play at work when I dont want to work.
A question that has been plaguing me for a while:
In the map editor, federation items include a ship yard that Ive never seen that detailed to build some warp-in ships, and the PREMONITION and PROMETHEUS classes. I use the warp-in mod so I am aware of building Steamrunner, Galaxy, nebula, and the two other warp-ins from current shipyards, but my problem lays is when I use the map editor and place this unknown shipyard along with the prometheus and premonition, i save the map and then when i start a instant action game, they are no where to be found.
Is it possible to get a mod to build such vessels cause they look kick ass. Besides the warp-in mod, does anyone know of any mods that include more star trek vessels [obviously my favorite] like the miranda, the Excaliber class ships, etc.
Anythhing could help and thanks! Happy playin!
posted on June 11th, 2015, 5:32 pm
You need to either set the station to an unused team and board it or check 'use map units' in the instant action setup. That last one probably requires modding a file to re-enable the option but I don't know which file that would be.
posted on June 18th, 2015, 7:57 pm
If I remember correctly, the "Use Map Units" only works on "Assault" game types. One team defends and the other destroys.

Defending team must survive until time runs out in order to win.
Attacking team must destroy defending team before time runs out in order to win.