Placing Ships in Editor.

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 1:56 pm
Hi All,

I'am new to the Map-Editor, and have a question.
When i place a Ship from lets say the Dominion Empire, how do i can Edit it, that this ship's for Player 1 (Me, Team1)
and i can control it, in the actual game then?

Would be nice if anyone had an answer to me.

btw. f***in great mod! will donate some cash, soon!

Best,
Lappeso
posted on April 27th, 2013, 3:52 pm
Double-click on it, that should bring up the settings.

Put it on an unused team without crew. If you put it on a team that is used (like team 1), it'll just vanish when you start the game.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:03 pm
I did that, but when i beam some crewmembers on the ship, and it is mine, it will not move... ?
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:21 pm
alternative to double clicking and editing a ship.

when you are in map editor and placing a ship, underneath the list of ships and their buttons (the list on the left of the screen) there should be an indicator of which team the ship will be placed as. by default this should say [Team 1]. if it isn't team 1, hold the shift key and push up arrow or down arrow to change the team number. then any ship you place will be on the team number you have picked.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:36 pm
Did that too. But the Ship will not move in-game. Also it is signed grey at the minimap.

Team is 0
Perceived Team is 1
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:48 pm
Team 0 is no team, as in not in the game at all. It needs to be an unused playable team, such as team 8 in a 7-player map. Team 1-8 is playable.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:53 pm
To clarify: Team 0 belongs to the map - you can't capture anything from the map ever.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 4:56 pm
I've tried that, with Team 7 and 8. The Ship won't show up in-game. Maybe is it necessary that team 7 or 8 is in the game?

I just can't figure out, why that doesn't work.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 5:14 pm
Lappeso wrote:I've tried that, with Team 7 and 8. The Ship won't show up in-game. Maybe is it necessary that team 7 or 8 is in the game?

I just can't figure out, why that doesn't work.

are you doing this during a game or from the map editor button in the main menu.

if you save a map with ships on team x then start a game on the map and there is a player (human or ai) using that team number, all the ship will be deleted to be replaced with the starting units.

so if you save a map with a unit on team 1, and you play as team 1, the ship won't be there when you start. you have to use the in game editor (ctrl+e) to add ships directly to your team.

for a ship to appear at the start it has to be on a team that no player (human or ai) will use. the best way to ensure that is to use a team number that is higher than the number of spots on the map. eg team 8 on a 4 player map is safe afaik.
posted on April 27th, 2013, 5:26 pm
Yes i used the Map-Editor button on the main menu.
Over the in-game editor it is working fine.

The trick with the team 8 on a 4 player map worked fine too.

Thanks to you all, for the help and the explanations!! :D
I see that this is a good and fair forum.

Best,
Lappeso