map objectives

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on January 30th, 2016, 5:52 pm
I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone figured out how to add mission objectives to single player maps? I downloaded the Megadroid's Mission Mod to figure out how he did it and I cannot seem to figure it out and I know lua scripts are involved but i don't quite understand how it works unless someone has any ideas?
posted on April 28th, 2018, 4:18 pm
Last edited by Dewbacca on May 5th, 2018, 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am going to resurrect this old topic because it asks a question I am asking the search function. I can't form it any better than the OP, so I'll just reopen it and post what I learn here.

In MMM (Megadriod's Mission Mod) are the various files needed to "run" the Premonition map/ mission. So opening it up and tearing it apart are my typical methods of learning how things work.

In the \missions folder is the premonitions.mmmpack, which is a zipped archive.

Unzipping it we see lots of .lua files.
Code: Select all
Borg.lua
Buildup.lua
Chatting.lua
Dominion.lua
Intro.lua
PremCine.lua
Premonitions.lua
ShipDies.lua
State.lua
StateMachine.lua
TeamFinder.lua
ZoomOut.lua

These various files give us the objectives (from the objectives folder) and set the monitors of them.
Premonitions.lua is read first since it is the name of the .mmmpack and .bzn,
from there it walks us thru each "state" of the mission.

Megadroid spent extra time with cinematics and tying in voice and music files to make this VERY much like it came from the single player campaigns, so be certain to appreciate the work that went into making the map, the save/ load function, the mmmloader as well as the script and tutorials he's given us.

I have a lot on my plate today, but I'll return to this and edit with more information and maybe even pics to illustrate the point a little better.

It's starting to make sense now... and a tip of the hat to Megadroid for this powerful tool.
posted on May 5th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Just a bit of an update.
I'm not seeing a way that a "map" (.bzn file) can be coded.

What it's looking like is MMM will be a template where mission behavior can be coded to work with a .bzn file against the backdrop of a parent mod.

MMM is a template to mod maps based on FO as it is, but can be applied to other mods like KA2:EAW or the Dominion wars, but those might need the Author's permission for release.

Right now I am attempting to code a basic "holdout" scenario on a small map I made to test map making abilities (and compare, to give me a scope of how much work you folks are putting into these maps, kudos). When I have more to post I will show the meat and bones as a "how-to" for anyone interested.

But I heartily suggest anyone interested download the MMM http://guide.fleetops.net/downloads/mmm_1_0_1.zip
and check out the tutorials in the guide http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding/units/megadroid-mission-mod/tutorials