Crew kill parameters

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on May 16th, 2016, 4:20 pm
Hello i have started editing around in the odf directory. i have the problem that my ships lose to much crew at an encounter and i don't know where and how do balance it? Where can i change parameters for crew kill ratio? i hope you can help me i have searched everywhere but can't find it.
posted on May 16th, 2016, 6:25 pm
There are a few things you can do. Adding saneCrewLossMethod = 1 to a ship or station's ODF will reduce the crew loss from weapons. I'm not sure exactly how it works and the Guide doesn't say what the new method is.

In the ordnance ODFs, you can modify shieldCrewModifer and hullCrewModifier to adjust how many crew members are killed by excess damage. The way this works is that if the weapon has a damageThreshold of 10 and deals 12 damage, the points over the threshold, 2 in this case, are multiplied by either the shieldCrewModifier or the hullCrewModifier (depending on whether the shields are up) which we will assume is 0.05. The result of 2 * 0.05 is 0.1, therefor 10% of the target ship's crew will die. This assumes that saneCrewLossMethod in the target vessel's ODF is 0 or not defined.

EDIT: There's not a way to change things globally, though, so each ship and ordnance needs to be modified.
posted on May 16th, 2016, 6:51 pm
Thank you very much you helped me a lot it works fine :D