cant find saved maps

Do you have a question on map editing, how use the map manager or want to make your new map public? Post here.
posted on November 17th, 2011, 5:39 pm
hi guys gonna sound daft here but my saved maps arent under my bzn folder. when i look at the saved file under fo it comes up as saved as userdir rather than bzn. even if i do a search on the computer it doesnt find the files i'm lookin for, anyone any ideas where there hiding? theres a map in particular i wanna share and get feedback on
posted on November 17th, 2011, 5:44 pm
Saved maps can be found in %appdata%star trek armada ii fleet operationsbzn  :thumbsup:
posted on November 17th, 2011, 5:56 pm
dont have an app data folder that i can find lol typical me if theres something that can go wrong will lol i can play the game and everything just cant find the file to share it
posted on November 17th, 2011, 6:21 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on November 28th, 2011, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You do have an appdata folder, windoze automatically makes one.

the full path for win vista/7 is:
C:usersappdataroaming

And for xp:
C:documents and settingsapplication dataroaming

Replace C with your windows drive letter if you have a weird system.

The variable %appdata% points to that folder regardless of system.

Putting "%appdata%blah"
Into run will open the blah folder in appdata. So put what dominus said into run. If it gives you a file type unknown prompt try putting double quotes (eg ") around the whole thing.

EDIT: change in red, vista/7 uses appdata.
posted on November 17th, 2011, 6:25 pm
The appdata folder is in your users/*username* folder. Though its hidden by default so its hard for most to get to it but its easy enough to unhide it.

F10--->Tools--->Folder Options--->View--->Show hidden files and folders
posted on November 17th, 2011, 6:31 pm
its the gfs laptop but got the hidden folders up cheers fellas
posted on November 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm
I've got the same problem :( . I've set my folder options to show hidden files but still get this message:

I've also searched for the filename since without success.
posted on November 28th, 2011, 1:34 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on November 28th, 2011, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDIT: had address wrong

put in run:

open the run dialog by holding the windows key and pushing R

then type %appdata% into run, then push enter. or click ok, up to you.

also san andreas never gets old, sliently knifing people was so fun, can't belive they never put it in gta iv or the two expansion packs.

EDIT: forgot to mention that in vista/7 they renamed Application Data to AppData. Application Data exists but shouldn't be accessible to the user.

also you can put %appdata% in address bar and it will work the same.
posted on November 28th, 2011, 2:53 pm
Thanks Myles found it.

Yeap had to reinstall GTA:SA now that the trailer for GTAV is out.