Map editing

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on February 8th, 2016, 1:14 pm
Hello
I was wondering if someone can help me out when making a map if I wanted to add station warships to use on the map that are playable how would I do so
posted on February 8th, 2016, 10:00 pm
It all depends: do you the players to start with control of said stations and/or ships, or do you want the players to acquire control of said ships as they find them?

If you want them to start with the units already under control:
1. Change the map type to assault
2. Place whatever units you want the players to start with wherever you want them
3. Double click each unit to open up that unit's options, and assign the unit(s) to the team number (and team perceived number, which should be the same as the team number) of the player you want to have said unit belong too.
A note: Assault Maps only work for multiplayer, so this solution won't work for instant action.

If you simply want the units to be acquired as they are discovered by players:
1. Place the unit(s) on the map wherever you want them.
2. Assign the units to an unused team. Usually going with a team number one number higher than the max number of players on the map is best, although this won't work for an 8 player map, due to the 8 player limit.
3. Double click each unit, look over the options, and set the current crew to zero, making the units derelict so players and AIs alike can board the ships/stations and easily take them over, letting them use said units.
A note: This won't work for for 8 player maps, as there are no empty teams available except for team 0, who's units can't be taken over, derelict or otherwise. Also keep in mind that player's still can't build units from other factions.

Hopefully this should help. :thumbsup:
posted on September 1st, 2016, 3:43 pm
The Map "Da'ka Corridor" is well laid out but the lighting makes it unplayable (for me anyway) would it be possible for someone to change it to a normal lighting set up and upload it here, or post a detailed explanation of how i can do this myself, thanks in advance
posted on November 23rd, 2016, 12:36 am
Having played the Da'ka map a few times, i have got used to it, so ignore my last post!