Electrosphere

Share your Fleet Operations maps here and share them with other users.
posted on December 22nd, 2011, 9:26 pm
It's been a while, but here's a 1v1 map for your fighting pleasure, roughly based on Ring of Fire:

Electrosphere
12000x12000

The size, however, is a little deceptive. Both players are within raiding distance of each other, and all three routes offer advantages and drawbacks. The moons are placed slightly behind the base, but outside of starbase range. The natural expansion is easy to attack, but also easy to hold if you commit to it. However, that leaves your main dilithium open to attack, so make sure to keep an eye on your opponent's fleet.

The central corridor is the most direct route, but the chokes are also home to stray tri moons. If you expand here initially, you'll have excellent map coverage, but at the cost of extra di income. Obviously, this route favors rush strategies, though it hampers them if the match wears on.

Electrosphere only has eight blocking triggers total, and if you want to fly out into one of the corners and hide, there's nothing stopping you. I can't think of any surefire use for this, but the surprise value would be extremely high.

As always, the name is a random reference, so give yourself a pat on the back (or a cookie, if you insist) for picking it up.

Attachments

electrosphere.png

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

posted on December 22nd, 2011, 10:44 pm
Looks awesome, i will defiantly be trying it out :) 
posted on February 28th, 2012, 11:17 am
Reference to "The Shadow"?

Looks good! :thumbsup:
posted on February 28th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Wow man this map looks really fanstastic!  I can't wait to play it =D
posted on February 28th, 2012, 8:59 pm
what is a blocking trigger?
posted on February 28th, 2012, 9:24 pm
godsvoice wrote:what is a blocking trigger?

It's an object you can look at, but you cannot pass through (asteroid-fields for example).