Fleet Ops guide minor problem

guide.fleetops.net
posted on August 17th, 2013, 8:34 am
Hello, it's been awhile. ( I have been away for quite some time) I went to the hitchikers guide to fleet ops for some help adding a ship, and the link to modding resources seems to be broken, I'm not sure if this problem has already been made aware to the Devs, I just thought I should say something just in case.
posted on August 17th, 2013, 5:20 pm
Welcome back :)

There are over 20 links on that page - which one in particular is not working? Filefront links often require several tries before they work, and downloads may not be available in some countries.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm
Thank you! I've missed being here.

The link is on the "Adding a Ship/Station page. Right below, This tutorial will use the Lantean 'Aurora' Class warship (npc_aurura) as an example.

See Modding Resources before you start.

Modding resources shows up as a link, but when I clicked it, it came up as a 404 error page.

I found what I was searching for, I just thought I'd bring the link problem to your attention, and thank you again!
posted on August 18th, 2013, 3:45 pm
Thanks for your help, fixed now :)
posted on August 18th, 2013, 3:50 pm
Awsome, thank you! Now to figure out why Storm 3d viewer and Milkshape won't work, Lol...
posted on August 18th, 2013, 4:23 pm
I don't know about MS3D, but FO seems to be missing some files needed for Storm. Try placing the EXE in a stock A2 or Classic Mod installation and run it from there. Also remember that the MS3D unlimited SOD importer has been restricted due to plagiarism so the one you have probably only imports stock A2 models.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 4:39 pm
Hey there!

I placed the Storm exe in the standard Armada 2 folder, I just can't figure out how to use it. Lol...As for Milkshape, the program crashes as soon as I attempt to open it. I'm not sure why it's doing that, I don't believe I installed it incorrectly.

CV seems to work on most of the standard a2 ships, but I can't open any FO ships with it.

I don't know how well troubleshooting is going to work, considering I'm brand new at this, and have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, lol.

I would very much appreciate any further insight into the matter though, I need all the help I can get :sweatdrop:
posted on August 18th, 2013, 6:06 pm
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista then you may have to right click and select 'run as administrator' or to simplify things you could install somewhere other than C:\Program Files, such as C:\Games.

I can't remember how the A2 version of Storm works, but I think the A1 version brings up a help menu if you hit F1.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Running Milkshape as a administrator worked, thank you for that! I think I need to download some additional stuff though, a popup in the program told me I could only view stock armada 2 ships with the included .sod viewer.

I'm attempting to port a custom model over to FO for personal use.
posted on August 18th, 2013, 9:11 pm
As I said, the unlimited SOD importer is currently limited to only a few people due to past problems with plagiarism. To get it, someone with it would need to know you well enough to trust you and give it to you. And those who have it don't exactly advertise that fact so people won't bug them for the importer.
posted on August 20th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Ah, fair enough. So it would appear as though I won't be able to do this for awhile. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. :thumbsup: