Borg strat - early recycling center

guide.fleetops.net
_Zap_
Topic Starter
posted on July 14th, 2011, 8:30 am
Hey, I noticed there is no description for an early recycling center strategy, they have become rather popular these days it seems. why? :D

Oh. And there are references to the shield recharge in the strategy/cooperatove multiplayer section. granted, the romulan mixtech c11 still has shield recharge, but the romulans not anymore.
posted on July 14th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Ah, thanks, corrected those :)

The reason there is no description for an early recycling center build is because I do not believe there is a build order that under any circumstance does better than a normal build when considering early game circumstances. Not only does the Recycler tie up the constructor for 90 seconds, but two additional Resource Assimilators will bring in many more resources per minute, with around the same total initial cost (and be available on the field far faster to do so). Not only that, but those two freighters use up much less supply - which is something you really can't afford to drain so fast without starting up an Incub Center earlier too. If somebody wants to write up a strategy that involves the Recycler here, I'd be willing to test it out, but I find it unlikely it will be very stable.  :sweatdrop: