Ship/Station invincibilty

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on January 23rd, 2016, 3:19 am
Greetings guys,

As someone who has been playing ST: Armada 1&2 since they were released I can't believe I've only just discovered ST: Fleet Operations. Fantastic work devs. I do have a question for veterans/developers of this game though.

I am playing single player/instant action at the moment and was wondering if there is a method of making all my stations/ships etc invincible? I have attempted the method which is used in Armada 2 of changing the RTS_CFG.H "Damage coefficients for incoming damage for user in single player" to float EASY_DAMAGE = 0.0; but when I test it by sending my Federation Venture up to the enemy base it still gets destroyed. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've been able to make my Venture invincible by editing all five Venture odf files within the ODF.fqp but to have to do this for every ship and station for the current faction I'm playing could prove quite time consuming and while I am willing to do this was wondering if there is a faster method?

Many thanks.
posted on January 23rd, 2016, 3:58 pm
If you have Notepad++, you can open all of your ship ODF files at once (you'll have to wait for it to load) and set the shield, hull, and subsystem regen rate insanely high (for subsystems, the lower the value, the faster they regen). Save all the files and enjoy (if Notepad++ doesn't crash first).

2 things to note:
  1. This will not prevent the AI from capturing your ships if the shields go down for some reason.
  2. You will not be able to play online. Copy the FPQ file to "mods/<your_mod's_name>" and edit the copy instead. Also read this part of the guide.

Also, welcome to the forums, templar.
posted on January 23rd, 2016, 10:37 pm
Thank you for the reply TChapman 500. Admittedly I've never used notepad++but I will download it and try it out.
Cheers! :thumbsup:
posted on January 26th, 2016, 8:27 pm
You can also set Invincible = 1, rather than adjusting multiple parameters. The caveat re capturing your ship still applies, e.g. your crew can be killed off and another race can take your now invincible vessel. Good luck!!
posted on January 27th, 2016, 3:07 am
Hi Russ110,

It works! Great one, thanks.
posted on January 27th, 2016, 6:25 am
You're welcome. I found that in the very excellent Hitchikers Guue to Fleet Ops! Just follow the Guide link at the top of the homepage, plenty of settings there to have some fun with.