Death of Armada2Files

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on July 31st, 2015, 5:35 pm
Alright, email sent. With CABAL's, that would be four files off the list. :thumbsup:
posted on July 31st, 2015, 8:01 pm
got them. thanks :)
posted on July 31st, 2015, 8:36 pm
Hi DOCa Cola, have been reading reading your post about missing files.
Mail with the Utopia Station is on the way.
posted on August 1st, 2015, 12:24 am
If you need a place to host them let me know. I have a mostly unused server that is available.
posted on August 1st, 2015, 12:25 am
Forgot my contact. Best to send me an email at steveangelis@gmail.com if you need a place.
posted on August 1st, 2015, 11:12 pm
Thanks for sending in the files guys :)

@Steve: Thank you for your offer. I think our current web space should be able to handle the load then. If it isn't enough, i'd be happy to accept any help with it.

There might be some more files that are missing. It seems i have skipped some data earlier. However some files seem to have been removed from A2F after 2011 for no apparent reason it seems. I'll post an update in the next few days when i had more time to look at this.
posted on August 2nd, 2015, 3:31 pm
I was able to pull some more 'historic' files from A2F that were on the GameFront server, but weren't listed on A2F until the end for one or another reason. The total list of files in the archive with full description/comments is now 3281. That exceeds the statistics on the A2F homepage which stated 3076 files.
There are still some files present on the GameFront server, which i couldn't receive any info for from A2F pages. I am looking into creating a list of those later (about 40 files). These may have to be added manually then.

Here is an updated list of missing files with some new additions (29 missing files):
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9vvGrPZH
posted on August 2nd, 2015, 10:16 pm
I have some of these. Check your mail. :thumbsup:
posted on August 3rd, 2015, 5:47 pm
ok these were not on a2files as far as i know but on armadafleetcommand but here are some historic fo builds

FO 1.1
http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get-f ... ile_id=790

FO 2
http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get-f ... le_id=1457
posted on August 4th, 2015, 9:07 am
I do have all the FO builds still :D I also could restore some FO download pages with their comments that were removed after the loader angst. Not all of them though.
posted on August 4th, 2015, 6:35 pm
Please, oh please, get rid of the Hayderidhasty borg texture tutorial: I was about 10 when I wrote that!

You can check it was me because on the forum (under the name of Hayderidhasty) I used to promise a Xindi mod (that i'm still working on).
posted on August 4th, 2015, 7:34 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:I do have all the FO builds still :D I also could restore some FO download pages with their comments that were removed after the loader angst. Not all of them though.

that would be pretty cool but they dont seam playable after windows xp so prob of limited use
posted on August 4th, 2015, 8:01 pm
rogue6800 wrote:Please, oh please, get rid of the Hayderidhasty borg texture tutorial: I was about 10 when I wrote that!

You can check it was me because on the forum (under the name of Hayderidhasty) I used to promise a Xindi mod (that i'm still working on).

:lol:
So far no one sent me the file anyway.. :D

Subjectively i'd say there are a lot outdated or 'useless' files in that archive. Many files were submitted only weeks or month after the release of A2 and only change minor stuff from people who just discovered how modding works. A lot of silly assets were hosted on A2F as well. But who am i to judge? I am only trying to complete the archive and not assess each files' quality.
Personally I am trying to preserve the files for nostalgic reasons. Also i hope these will be useful to some of the still active modders and A2 players. Aside from that i do not care much about them.
1, 2