Update Project Progress Page

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2
posted on November 24th, 2014, 10:49 pm
Because of the change of gaming engines for the new Fleet Operations NX Project, I would like to request that the Project Progress page be updated so that it shows the progress towards NX rather than Fleet Operations v4.0.
posted on November 25th, 2014, 2:40 am
It does, more or less.
posted on November 25th, 2014, 11:42 am
With all due respect how we supposed to differentiate the NX Project staff from the Fleet Operations v4.0 staff? :ermm:
I would have to agree with TChapman500 about updating the Project Progress page so that it shows the progress towards NX rather than Fleet Operations v4.0. :mellow:
posted on November 26th, 2014, 12:28 am
The only difference is that the things you see in the progress table is the same as you will see in V4 and the NX version. That's Dominus' point. NX does only replace the actual environment while the content (which is displayed in the table) remains the same. Unless... you wanna start starring on NX scripting progresses. But I fear Jan will waste yet another evening inserting engine development information with literally no useful information for anyone.

Edit:

If your soul hungers...

//www.fleetops.net/forums/news/the ... 94#p201394
posted on November 26th, 2014, 7:42 am
Thank you for your time and effort! The community needs information updates like this!

P.S. You can hate me all you want for insisting for a information updates...

With great respect and admiration - STFB
posted on November 27th, 2014, 5:22 pm
On a side note when they update it it would be nice for them to tell us what's change/updated its not all ways easy to see what been done.
posted on November 29th, 2014, 11:09 pm
You are quite demanding, little friend. If FO was a profit oriented game I'd understand your point. But in this case I suggest you are happy with the enormous amount of information you find on this page, the guide and other sources and be happy for every single news the team can afford to share with you. I don't mean to be rude but I tell you this: They have a very strict schedule in their professional lives and spent the rest of their spare time in developing this game to entertain themselves and not you. The fact that they have shared their work with you (and everyone else) for more than a decade has been exceptionally generous.
posted on November 30th, 2014, 9:12 am
Some people are just never happy. You give them what they want and they just demand more.

A changelog would be too far. We don't HAVE to check up on them to see what they are doing, because WE ARE NOT THEIR BOSSES.

Plus, most things they want to keep under their hat anyway, to keep things as a surprise for the next release. If they tell/show us everything, there'll be nothing to actually enjoy on the big day.
posted on November 30th, 2014, 1:06 pm
I totally agree and understand Shril and the rest of the development team on this matter, meaning that i understand that FO is not a profit oriented game and I HAVE NEVER EVEN IMPLIED THAT WE HAVE to check up on them to see what they are doing, OR THAT WE ARE SOME KIND OF BOSSES TO THEM!!! If you read carefully my post, you would see that i simply said that i am not really sure how to ascertain or differentiate the NX Project staff from the Fleet Operations v4.0 staff in the Project Progress page!... Also i simply suggested - put forward for consideration that the Project Progress page be updated more frequently, and I HAVE NEVER EVEN THINK OF DEMANDING ANYTHING TO ANYONE!!!... I HAVE GREAT RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR THIS DEVELOPMENT TEAM AND THIS COMMUNITY!!!
About "You can hate me all you want for insisting for a information updates... " staff, you don't really take that seriously -
don't you?! :o
I du stand behind my words about"The community needs information updates like this!", but that is just my opinion that i express, it is in no way to be considered a demanding statement to anyone or anybody!...
In my second post i do used the word "insisting" which suggest that i in fact demand something, but I actually really just recommended it, i should use the word "suggest" instead... But as i said in my very first post - "I em sorry about my bad english any misspellings typing errors or anything else but english is not my first language..." :blush: :sweatdrop:
I do understand that the Devs do this in their free time, and that they have very strict schedule in their professional lives, and also that they spent the rest of their spare time in developing this game to entertain themselves and not me or anybody else, that's why I REALLY APPRECIATE the fact that they have shared their work with me (and everyone else) for more than a decade, and the fact that they have been exceptionally generous with us!!!... :excl: :excl: :excl:
:excl: :excl: :excl:I apologize to you all for the inconvenience this may have caused!!!... :excl: :excl: :excl:

P.S. With great respect and admiration - STFB :heart: :heart: :heart:

"We're going to stumble, make mistakes...I'm sure more than a few before we find our footing. But we're going to learn from those mistakes. That's what being human is all about."
– Jonathan Archer, 2152
posted on November 30th, 2014, 2:38 pm
Well Stfb you did not make a mistake you was only asking there nothing wrong with that at all but few people on here think its very bad to ask for anything on here its not like we are DEMANDING anything we just ASKING.
posted on November 30th, 2014, 4:02 pm
There's no such thing as version 4 content tasks anymore. I've made most NX content tasks visible on the progress tracker some time ago. Those are updated as they are completed.

For engine development tasks you can see progress by visiting http://ezengine.net/ and checking the tracker at the bottom of the homepage //www.fleetops.net/ . These tasks are updated as they are completed.
posted on November 30th, 2014, 7:42 pm
Stfb, chill, I wasn't referring to your posts.
posted on November 30th, 2014, 9:40 pm
Thank you very much for the information Dominus_Noctis, i really appreciate it! Like i appreciate everything that
Fleet Operations development team and ezEngine development team has done and continue doing not just for Fleet Operations itself, but for everybody!!!... I understand that you all have a very busy schedule and i promise i won't bother you again :sweatdrop: :thumbsup: Thank you all for your time and hard work! :thumbsup: Also again i em sorry to bother you all. :sweatdrop:

Thank you for your kind words NewBigNub_MM, but i riley don't agree with you about Fleet Operations development team being "the worst development team"!!!... :schmoll: :schmoll: :schmoll: If I would have known before that you were going to say such things... :angry: :angry: :angry: HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY SUCH THINGS???!!!... :mad: :mad: :mad:
You do understand that they are not obligated to post any information or anything at all, do you?!.. :badgrin:
WHAT WAS YOU THINKING MAN???!!!... :pinch: :pirate: :dead:

:excl: :excl: :excl: THE FLEET OPERATIONS IS THE BEST DEVELOPMENT TEAM EVER!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:
:excl: :excl: :excl: Also ezEngine development team - YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:

Also Atlantis i knew you are talking to NewBigNub_MM, but i tried to be a hero, and help him by i to ask for more regular updates, and i then tried to take some of the blame and responsibility without knowing about the staff he is talking about the Devs!!!... :innocent: That should be a lesson to me!!!... :skull:
posted on November 30th, 2014, 10:52 pm
????? When did i say fleet ops has the worst development team for one don't put words in my mouth i didn't say that nor do i even think that :sweatdrop:

1. I think the Dev team has done the best mod of a star trek game iv seeing.

2. All i was asking for was more updates more often this is not a DEMAND was JUST ASKING .

3. Show me where i said that the Dev team is the worst development team ever.

4. Keep up the hard work Dev Team i don't this nor said you are the worst development team ever :skull:

5. I wish people would stop being a :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: just coz im asking where the next version is and how it coming along

6. Man you make a mod public to play you can't be mad when people start asking about it if you did't want this then don.t make the mod public lol

7. Thanks for all the fun times i had playing this game cant wait for the next version and more updates on it. :D :D :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on December 1st, 2014, 12:36 am
I was given that information by... person who is apparently lying to me... :blush: :blush: :blush: I'm ashamed and guilty because of my quick reaction and my readiness to believe the claims of someone who shall remain nameless, but who apparently trying to make me look like a idiot or trying to induce some kind of scandal in the community!... :ermm: :(
I don't know, maybe that person made a joke with me, but either way hi is falling into my eyes!!!... :-\ :pinch: :'(
It's all my fault!... I can't believe I fell for that hook... :pinch: :blush: :blush: :blush: : :dead: :dead: dead: :wacko:
:excl: :excl: :excl: I EM VERY SORRY FOR THE HARSH THINGS I TOLD ABOUT YOU, THEY ARE NOT TRUE!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:
:excl: :excl: :excl: I KNOW THAT NOW AND I TAKE MY WORDS BACK!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:
:excl: :excl: :excl: I EM VERY SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSED TO YOU!!! :excl: :excl: :excl:

P.S. Please don't hate me because of that!... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
1, 2