Any news on 4.0?

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on September 14th, 2014, 3:39 am
I've been watching the front page for several months hoping to catch news of the next fleet ops update, and i haven't seen anything yet :/

have i missed any mention either here on the forums or maybe on a twitter for the devs on when they hope to release the next update? i dont really need an exact date, just a month or rough estimate would be nice. myself and several friends have been playing this for a while, and we've been getting a little bored of the current 5 races. with borg being off limits in competitive games, we really only have 4 races to choose from, and because of that alot of our matches have gotten rather repetitive.
we're really hoping a new update is around the corner to add some spice to things, but i'm not the best at finding information on stuff. can anyone help?
posted on September 14th, 2014, 4:00 am
those posted a dev update from the people making the ExEngine, how could you possibly miss it that explains some background knowledge that is going on and that the next few news posts will be fairly technical.

Also this is a new engine being made from scratch by another team of developers and then the NX team making the RTS side and as such it is still very far away, probably over a year or long so I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient
posted on September 14th, 2014, 4:34 am
ahh, i had missed that newest blog. i've visited this site so many times the last few weeks that my browser got lazy. your post reminded me to try F5, and the newest blog appeared. yay news!

i didnt realize they were doing a whole new engine for fleet ops. that makes the ETA time go up considerably. this guaranties what ever the next version is, will be completely fresh. i mean, porting everything to a new engine gives them the perfect opportunity to essentially start over. and even if they tried to copy the current game as much as possible, there would still be enough differences that what we currently know about the game strategy wise, would need to be rewritten.
this blog really did give more questions then answers however. its good to know they havent forgotten us (metaphorically) but it would be nice to know the current progress of their work. i dont mean to be rude or picky, i'm just excited for a possible update to this game =D
posted on September 15th, 2014, 3:38 pm
Well if you waiting for 4.0 come back in 2years then it should be out by then if we LUCKY!!!!! very lucky!!!