Sneak Peek for all Races

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
1, 2, 3, 4
posted on April 1st, 2012, 7:44 am
Last edited by DOCa Cola on April 2nd, 2012, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit: Despite overwhelming positive feedback we have received from the community about the planned additions presented in this news article, after an internal team vote that was held this evening of April 1st, it turned out that 51.3% of all staff members are against their inclusion in the next version of Fleet Operations. I am very sorry :( - DC

As you already know, the next patch will introduce a large collection of new vessels, abilities and mechanics for all* the factions. Today I want to introduce a few.

[align=center]Federation: Spare Nacelle Refits[/align]
Originally a Romulan game mechanic, refitting gets introduced to the Federation! At times of conflict, Starfleet yards tend to produce too many nacelles. In order not to waste this high tech equipment, all Starfleet ships may now install additional nacelles. An additional nacelle gives a ship specific attribute bonuses and additional specials and abilities are unlocked as you install more and more nacelles, similar to the experience system. Here is a small sneak peek of the Sovereign!
5 nacelles: The ship class changes to the "X-Refit"
10 nacelles: Nacelle Launcher - fire an ignited nacelle at a hostile ship
20 nacelles: The ship moves with warp 11, being everywhere and nowhere on the map at the same time

[align=center]Romulan: D'ntzeeme Class[/align]
This masterpiece of modeling is my personal favorite ship in the new Fleet Operations. This aggressive looking attack cruiser comes equipped with an ultra cloaking device, which cloaks the majestic vessel permanently, keeping weapons and shields online.

[align=center]Klingon: Bloodwine[/align]
An important element in Klingon culture is bloodwine. This deadly brew now arrives in Fleet Operations as a racial special ability, available to all Klingon ships, greatly increasing the rate of fire for a while, but also increasing the miss rate. In addition, Klingon drinking songs swerve through space, spreading the effect to nearby Klingon ships. To boost the Klingon early game, bloodwine has an additional effect on B'rel Class Bird of Preys: There is a chance that the B'rel will suddenly increase in scale and became a cruiser or - in the rarest case - a battleship capable of destroying whole Galaxy Class ships!

[align=center]Borg: Doughnut[/align]
This handy utility unit may be achieved by equipping Resource Assimilators with the new Consumption Module. To support the Borg economy, the doughnut may dock to a whole resource moon, deplete it and return to your yard, where it is consumed by a station and grants you infinite resources.

[align=center]* Dominion: Nothing[/align]
We are proud to announce that the Dominion is already perfect regarding balancing and gameplay, so we don't have to change them at all.

Cu next post!
posted on April 1st, 2012, 7:49 am
ok why do i get a sence of aprils fool about this post  :sweatdrop:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 8:34 am
First I was going like: The devs have gone nuts! This is rediculous!
And then I remembered that it was 1st of april.
Nice try though ;)
posted on April 1st, 2012, 8:45 am
Last edited by Anonymous on April 1st, 2012, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Optec wrote:20 nacelles: The ship moves with warp 11, being everywhere and nowhere on the map at the same time

Do you loose crew to the evolution that results? (Unfortunately the kids they rapid-spawn don't know how to fly the ship).

Optec wrote:Romulan: D'ntzeeme Class
This aggressive looking attack cruiser comes equipped with an ultra cloaking device, which cloaks the majestic vessel permanently

CENTURION: Everyone remember where we parked!

Optec wrote:Klingon: Bloodwine
An important element in Klingon culture is bloodwine. This deadly brew now arrives in Fleet Operations as a racial special ability, available to all Klingon ships, greatly increasing the rate of fire for a while, but also increasing the miss rate.

There is also a 50% chance that affected ships & crew will be suddenly impounded by space police for drink-driving. Remember kids, don't drink and drive.
posted on April 1st, 2012, 8:56 am
Optec wrote:
[align=center]Borg: Doughnut[/align]

:thumbsup:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 10:01 am
:borg: we are the borgers, prepare to be om nom nommed. health advice is futile.

that doughnut model, it looks interesting, is it going to be in game as something sensible?

epic april fools post, i was waiting to see if mal did one, if not i was gonna do a map objects part 2 hoax with mario warp pipes replacing wormhole models. this was much funnier.
posted on April 1st, 2012, 10:07 am
I was sitting here sipping my Fourth beer and literally almost choked to death when I saw the nacelle part.

Then I realized the date.

:badgrin:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 10:18 am
I actually fell for it until I got to 20 nacelles...

:sweatdrop:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 11:05 am
When I saw all those nacelles I was like wtf???

That Borg ship does not look like something edible.  :shifty:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 11:09 am
"Fire nacelles! Full spread!"  :lol:
posted on April 1st, 2012, 12:52 pm
*sees new post woot!*
*clicks on it*
*eyes drawn to pic 1st as always before reading*
*sees some loony design, wtf?!*
*starts to read*

Optec wrote:As you already know, the next patch will introduce a large collection of new vessels, abilities and mechanics for all* the factions. Today I want to introduce a few.

oh ok i didnt know you were adding "alot" more ships that sounds cool..
(notices *)   
(goes to the bottom of the page to read the note)

Optec wrote:[align=center]* Dominion: Nothing[/align]
We are proud to announce that the Dominion is already perfect regarding balancing and gameplay, so we don't have to change them at all.

ah ha, your not getting me that easily lol
posted on April 1st, 2012, 1:11 pm
For the Federation, it doesn't seem logical or practical.  And there would be no way to provide power for all of those nacelles, much less enough to get to warp 11 (1,331c).  It's also impossible for something to be everywhere and nowhere at once.  This is not science fiction, it's science magic.

For the Klingons, just gives me one more reason why I will not play as them.  And like drinking will really allow you to magically increase the fire rate.  If anything, it'll cause a decrease in fire rate as well as an increase in miss rate.  That's what they get for being intoxicated on duty!  And about the B'rel turning magically into a cruiser or a battleship.  Science magic!

For the Romulans, is it possible to disable this permanent cloak?  So far, this seems to be the only thing that's actually possible, and practical for that matter.

For the Borg, it is impossible to consume an infinite resource.  In fact, it's impossible to even have an infinite resource available in the first place.

For the Dominion, I have no comment.
posted on April 1st, 2012, 2:15 pm
Haha, didn't fool me for a second.  you should have started with the borg doughnut because it is almost believable.  TBH it actually looks pretty cool.
posted on April 1st, 2012, 2:24 pm
Chapman, look at the Stardate ;).

@Topic
The borgidea is not that bad. Maybee not as a infinitve recource but as an permanently gathering ship around a moon. It would get bigger like the construktionship.

Or at least the modell for something :D
posted on April 1st, 2012, 2:46 pm
Quatre wrote:Chapman, look at the Stardate ;).

Let me guess, I fell for an April fools joke?  Right?

Stardate is 2012.092.
1, 2, 3, 4