Rebirth of Armada Files

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on July 27th, 2015, 2:14 pm
After spending some time distressed to learn that the offline nature of a2files is now permanent, I would like to make a plea to the community to put everything back together and create a new version of the site.

If you would be interested in being an Administrator (password holder) then pleae e-mail me:

rogue6800@outlook.com

Second - I could do with a template for files - there is a catch - I have only 20gb of webspace to files will have to be small.

The biggest job here will be to upload every single file again and to create pages for them.

I have created an example of this at http://armadafiles.freeola.net/

Please be aware this site may not be up for a few mins,hours or days.
posted on July 27th, 2015, 2:18 pm
Ok, the site is now up.

EDIT: or maybe not...
posted on July 27th, 2015, 4:21 pm
That would be nice to have such a site with ships and stations for ST Armada 2 space strategy game :-)
posted on July 27th, 2015, 4:58 pm
it would be a good idea for a new a2files maybe instead of direct file hosting we could use something like mediafire or moddb (or a few different ones for more space) and have the site link to those instead. i guess 2 issues would come from a new a2files
1) speed and space to get the files from the a2files server before they go completely
2) getting permissions to rehost the files

i think that the files should be split
A1 -> a1 categories
A2 -> a2 categories
FO -> FO categories
posted on July 27th, 2015, 5:19 pm
I agree, speed is of the essence. We should begin download catagory by catagory together. We should split the downloads.

Please start collecting the patches, and becuase I have a large bandwidth, I'll start on total conversions.

If you could do maps and map packs that would be great, please make sure to keep the folder structure.

Thanks for your interest and support.
posted on July 27th, 2015, 5:22 pm
EDIT: Post revamped

We have 20gb webspace. I am working on a template.

I would request that people create a database of files and description. I am about to write an app that will create a package of information that I can use when uploading. i will give this to tomorrow so people can start of particular sections.
posted on July 28th, 2015, 9:38 am
Sorry for the repeat posts, but an update:

I will upload the packaging software sometime today. This will allow be to autocreate every web page we need. I will place a tutorial on youtube on how to use it. That also will be on at some point today. Do not worry about file structure as I said in my last post, the unpackaging program on my end will create a folder structure using the category added to the package. Should anyone wish to know how to open and create a package manually, let me know and I will post a tutorial today or tomorrow.

Basically the software collects the name,author,readme,date added, description and category.

I have discovered new limitations on a new site:

Loss of download figures (can be added at a later date)
No accounts (Perhaps a manually added thing...)
No author download pages (see point above)

One last thing: Can anyone who is reading this please keep an eye out and reply if they think they can handle a mod section themselves. I don't recommend downloading yet - the package required the description from the gamefront download page (see tutorial)
posted on November 13th, 2015, 2:21 pm
Just a nod and a bump kinda, how goes the process?
posted on November 17th, 2015, 1:44 pm
I come back not long after a2files goes down... ohh the humanity. Used to haunt that place (and here) on the daily.
posted on November 22nd, 2015, 4:08 pm
how do u play? :assimilate:
posted on November 22nd, 2015, 4:37 pm
hey
what do you mean ?