Permission for making gameplay videos

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on September 27th, 2014, 1:51 pm
I would like to ask for your permission for making gameplay videos of star trek armada 2 fleet operations and other mods from this website.In addition to that i would humbly request from you good people to explain to me first-how exactly to contact certain mod creator-(developer) to ask for his permission for making videos about his product,and for explaining to me his conditions for that....Second-if answer is yes can i post this videos in my youtube channel-
( https://www.youtube.com/user/IvailoMladenov ) - WITHOUT MONETIZING THEM !!!
And third-if answer is different where and how exactly do i upload them?... ???

p.s. Maybe here... :shifty:
posted on September 27th, 2014, 2:51 pm
There are already plenty of FO gameplay videos on Youtube (I'm pretty sure there's even a thread for them somewhere around here) so I think the devs are OK with you uploading them. As for contacting specific mod developers, they usually have an e-mail address in the mod's readme.
posted on September 27th, 2014, 3:25 pm
For fleetops itself the devs have never objected to people making videos. there's even a section of the guide for it:
http://guide.fleetops.net/video

if you make a replay you can post it in the threat at this link:
//www.fleetops.net/forums/general/ ... start=2265

for mods you would have to contact each mod's developer separately. don't be surprised if the emails in their readmes are old and abandoned.
posted on September 27th, 2014, 4:27 pm
Thank you you are GREAT community!!!... :woot: :woot: :woot:
:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: Just want to add something i ' m sorry :blush: :blush: :blush: -i have searched all over the plays for info about who to ask for a permission to make non commercial gameplay videos of star trek armada 1-2
i would think activision but some say blizzard...Again i will not monetize this stuff, i just want to make a playthrough of the campaigns and maybe some skirmish matches against a.i....Thank you very much! ;) :thumbsup: -_-
posted on September 27th, 2014, 5:16 pm
Honestly, I'd just upload them to Youtube and only take them down if Paramount, Activision, or Rockstar New England (what became of Mad Doc) has a problem with it. I seriously doubt they will, though. It's not even clear who legally has the rights to A1 and 2 anymore and it's not like anything else relating to Armada has been ordered to be shut down.
posted on September 28th, 2014, 7:34 am
Thank you very much i was very confused about that issue and all the ( armada ) of companies and studios around those games. ??? :sweatdrop: :)
posted on September 28th, 2014, 10:10 pm
In cases of intellectual property, they can always ask you to take it down if they so choose. But when the game is this old, the developers usually have no interest in stopping people from using it. If anything, it's better for them to have videos out there on YouTube than for their game to be forgotten. Legally, even if you wanted to monetize it would be acceptable since you are not making money off of the product, but from a new entertainment product you created using their program. There would not be a clause in the EULA forbidding that.
posted on September 29th, 2014, 10:01 am
Yes i agree with you that the game being that old only benefits of the free publicity,however i em relly afraid that no matter that the gameplay videos of star trek armada 1-2 that i will be doing and will not be monetized-THEY may still decide to shut down my chanel1... :( :-\ :'(

p.s. can you count how many times i used the word (that)?... ;)
posted on September 29th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Welcome to our community stfb! It's great having you.

We are always fine with creating videos and upload them to public platforms such as YouTube as long as those videos don't harm game development, developers or any community member. In fact, by promoting FleetOps in public you help making this community bigger and more fun!
In case you start to create a modification yourself, using any game content in your mod, it is appreciated if you come back to Doca Cola, Optec or Dominus via EMAIL and, in your modification, provide appropriate credit and direction to the FleetOps development team (those who created this content).

But I think in your case don't worry, go ahead and tell the world about how great Fleet Ops is! :lol:
posted on September 29th, 2014, 3:25 pm
Thank you very much,it is honor to talk to you!... :sweatdrop: And it is honor to being here amongst such wonderful people... :rolleyes: I plan to start very soon with the videos, but first i would need to take care of few things... -_-
I wish you all best of luck-but i doubt you will need it!... 8)
Meanwhile as i said before i will continue to be honored to be part of this community!!!... 8) 8) 8) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D :D
Tsar Ivaylo
posted on December 16th, 2014, 10:44 pm
Hello, my new username is "Tsar Ivaylo" but you may know me by my old one "stfb"... :sweatdrop:
I won't go into to too much details why i had change my old username and password and basically make new registration, but let's just say that i had my share of hacker attacks this year!... :pinch: :( :hmmm:
This attacks are in no way related to this site and this community!!!

P.S. You may shut down my old account...
posted on December 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Thank you for informing us about your nickname change, Tsar Ivaylo, former stbf.