No Campaign?

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on December 2nd, 2021, 6:25 am
Why no access to the campaign mode?
posted on December 2nd, 2021, 6:48 am
Because FO doesn't have a campaign mode.
posted on December 2nd, 2021, 7:59 am
I see that. I was just curious why?
posted on December 2nd, 2021, 9:46 am
Because FO originally focused on improving the engine and multiplayer. There are some mods that add campaign to the game, if you want.
posted on December 3rd, 2021, 6:38 pm
Fair enough. Could you buy chance point me in the direction of those mods?
posted on December 4th, 2021, 8:26 am
Let's see... There is the original STA 2 Classic mod, and STA2 Upgrade Project which brings back the original Armada II to Fleet Ops. I think both has the missions enabled. There is Sigma, which, if I remember correctly also has a story mode.
My own Evolution's going to have a campaign if I ever get that far with it :)

To be frank, I'm so preoccupied with modding whenever I spend my time on Armada that I barely play other mods, and even then only SP skirmishes, so I'm not very familiar with the campaigns, I just know there are some mods that have them.
posted on January 14th, 2022, 5:15 am
leon401 wrote:Hello, I am wondering why there is no campaign, unfortunately, it would be useful for a lot to change in the game, but maybe someday it will be and let it be because I am waiting for it

Did you have a stroke?
posted on February 26th, 2022, 12:35 pm
My Roots mod will soon (couple of weeks) have 3 singleplayer campaigns. I already finished 2 missions, complete with cinematics and voiceovers and all. But yeah, singleplayer is not just hidden in stock Fleet Ops, the old Armada II missions are completely incompatible because they use objects and mechanics that do not exist in Fleet Ops so new ones have to be made from scratch using the map editor and Megadroid's Mission Mod, it requires quite a bit of knowledge of Armada II modding and general programming and sound editing.
posted on February 26th, 2022, 5:50 pm
A personal favourite mod of mine with single player campaign is Borg incursion 2 installed over classic mod. An older version of Klingon Academy 2 mod also had a campaign based on the vanilla campaign, but all the species were replaced with TOS ones.
posted on January 17th, 2023, 1:52 pm
My Roots Mod has been out for a while now, and I just released version 3.0. It has 19 original single player missions, 1 bonus mission that's a remake of the first Armada I mission, and 4 of the missions are multiple missions in one because you get to choose from 2 or 3 races (with different starting positions) at the start of the mission.

The mod's main page can be found here here, and a direct download link here