mass player matches in NX? and different match types

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on April 22nd, 2016, 2:22 pm
was wondering since this game is built up from the ground, what player counts can be in the game?

new game modes
would it be possible with this new engine to have a mode where you control a single ship (viewed from the 3rd person style) and have large battles with many players (so turn it into a space sim rather than strategy)

then this could be varied to
fleet vs fleet

defend/attack the base/outpost

destroy the target (like a cube)

(im basically thinking of 'star trek star fleet academy' on a much, much larger scale) with teams being able to be made up of players and/or A.I. making 50 vs 50 ships, 100 vs 100 ships or greater :badgrin: :skull:
posted on April 26th, 2016, 6:41 pm
NX currently supports up to 32 players in one game. For FO-NX we aim for 8 player max games. Mods could of course still make use of up to 32 players. I don't know yet how well/poor the engine will perform with that many players. Networking isn't fully optimized currently. As usual it will be heavily dependent on machine configuration, network speed/latency and ingame unit counts.
posted on April 29th, 2016, 3:42 pm
Can do up to 32 i would like NX to go pass the player count of the 12 year old A1/A2 player count of 8 and maybe up it to 10 :thumbsup: