HUUUGE lag

Which race do you like most? What do you like - what you don't like? Discuss it here.
posted on May 3rd, 2023, 8:42 pm
Hi,
I lately upgraded my PC from fx8350 to ryzen 5 3600x and gtx970 to amd rx6600xt and weird thinks began to happen.
I get HUGE lag when playing fleet ops or/and any mod launched through it.
What's weird, lag becomes bigger when i DECREASE graphics settings. Lag seems to react to some entities more than others, so for example 4 d'deridex class ships on screen = 10-15fps, when i add 2 more i get a slideshow with about 2-4fps. When i move camera away from them everything comes back to normal.
Something similar is hapenning with just 1 Borg Nexus (main starting base) or/and when i use STA2 Classic mod and have more than 3-4 units on screen.
That's so frustrating. I have spend last few weeks modding this two games/mods and now i can't play them.
Updating drivers didn't help. Windowed mode didn't help. Decreasing graphics settings increased lag...
I don't know what to do, can anyone help me with this? :(
posted on May 4th, 2023, 2:11 am
I will add that this lag also occurs in map editor mode. So just having these object on the screen lags the game :'(
posted on May 4th, 2023, 9:39 pm
It's the AMD card. The CPU works fine with Fleet Ops (I have the same CPU), but AMD cards/drivers don't like the underlying Armada 2 engine. The GOG version was patched for this though, so if you use their Armada2 exe file that might work.
posted on May 5th, 2023, 1:44 pm
Try turning this off, it helped myself and one other

Attachments

fix.png
fix.png (266.29 KiB) Viewed 214 times
posted on May 5th, 2023, 8:05 pm
Thank you :)
I will try turning off Random Access Memory and if this doesn't work will try to downgrade drivers, maybe this will help.
Will let you know if this works. Maybe someone else will have similar problem aswell.
posted on May 5th, 2023, 9:37 pm
Turning off Random Access memory did the job! :D
Everything works fine now.
Thank you very much :wub: