Phasing Device

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on March 28th, 2015, 5:06 pm
Currently, cloaking devices and phase cloaking devices are in the game. For NX project, I suggest that a phasing device be available. This device allows a ship to pass through solid objects as well as be immune to most types of weapons fire. (A counter could be made in the form of weapons that can phase to match phased ships.) Unlike a phase cloak, the ship remains visible to the naked eye as well as all sensors. The device continually drains special energy while in use, deactivating if special energy runs out. If a ship unphases inside of a solid object, then it is destroyed (think USS Pegasus).
posted on August 16th, 2015, 8:25 am
this maybe already doable with the cloaking device would need to look into it and may add it as a romulan thing (i beleive they did look into it at one point phasing le forge and ro) but no promises and need to finish fo4 first
posted on August 16th, 2015, 3:07 pm
if something unphases while inside something else and explodes, does it destroy the other thing or just damage it? that becomes a weapon like the dominion bug ship special. it would have to be expensive to stop that being abused on less that's its intended use. for the tal shiar i guess that might fit.

with an ability like (to get beyond obsticles rather than the "bomb tactic") that it either becomes spamable so it can do some damage or one or two of them are powerful to do something sneaky (preferred version in my mind).

either way does it be part of your fleet or is it something that only works it fleets of its own kind as others cant follow it?