Additional Warp-in ships?

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on March 14th, 2014, 10:46 pm
I figured that with the great variety of Federation Ships out there that the Warp in would potentially be the best means to test-bed ships. Now of course some would ask what possible roles could possibly be open? Well, I have been thinking over this for some time.

Notice: All the renders and images were done by Admiral Horton of DA. However he does not own the models used.

alberta_class_by_admiral_horton-d71u4vi.jpg
Alberta Class
alberta_class_by_admiral_horton-d71u4vi.jpg (756.62 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

Alberta Class

Offensive Value: 29
Defensive Value: 36
System Value: 15
Configuration: Cruiser
Size: Medium
Crew Capacity: 190
Range: Long
Warp In Slots: 1

Manifest:
- 1x Phaser Array (Nothing Special)
- 1x Two-Stage Photon Torpedo (A specially Designed Torpedo that was experimental and effectiveness was not completely reliable. The torpedo was meant to be able to get at least half of its yield through enemy shields but it was based on an outdated means of shield penetration. 30% chance of having 25% of its damage go directly to hull)
- Weapon Retrofit System (A toggle ability that would reduce the offensive value by 2 by switching to regular photons but increases firing rate by 11%)
- [Rank 4] Auto-Yield (Reduces effectiveness of target's passives against torpedoes by 12%, reduces firing rate by 9%)
- [Veteran] Synchronized Sensors (For 20 seconds coordinate the sensors of nearby ships increasing their range by 10%, cannot enable Retrofit System when active, ships must remain within Medium range to be effective.)

ares_class_by_admiral_horton-d704jhx.jpg
Ares Class
ares_class_by_admiral_horton-d704jhx.jpg (905.06 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

Ares Class

Offensive Value: 38
Defensive Value: 42
System Value: 20
Configuration: Battleship
Crew Capacity: 370
Range: Medium
Warp In Slots: 2

Manifest:
- 1x Quantum Phaser Array (Deals more damage to stations and support ships, less to destroyers and cruisers)
- 1x Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Nothing Special)
- Low Profile Design (Decreases the chance of being hit from weapons of long ranged vessels, increases damage taken from torpedoes)
- Dynamic Targeting Calibration (Increases the chance of torpedoes hiting small ships but slightly reduces damage dealt to large ships and stations)
- [Rank 5] Multi-Signature Tactical Computer (Phasers can attack up to 3 targets simultaneously)
- [Veteran] Subspace Shield Modulator (Lasts for 7 seconds; Double the shield recharge rate by diverting power from the warp drive and engines)

4 more will be posted shortly
posted on March 15th, 2014, 12:55 am
I think the Alberta makes a better Excelsior II than the current FLOPS version. (no offense to the creator)
posted on March 15th, 2014, 1:48 am
Thanks NJM

ascension_class_by_admiral_horton-d78osrf.jpg
Ascension Class
ascension_class_by_admiral_horton-d78osrf.jpg (646.83 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Ascension Class

Offensive Value: 38
Defensive Value: 44
System Value: 20
Configuration: Carrier
Size: Large
Crew Capacity: 550
Warp In Slots: 3

Manifest:
- 2x Phasers (Nothing Special)
- [Rank 4] Salvage Team (Resource Loss upon destruction of fighters reduced by 25%)
- [Veteran] Tactical Command Team (Enables fighters to attack separate targets and act independently)

Hangar:

Delta Class Multi-Mission Shuttle Craft
Dilithium Cost on Destruction: 80
Tritanium Cost on Destruction: 60
Supply Cost on Destruction: 10
Armament: 2x Phasers

athena_class_1_by_admiral_horton-d73l92s.jpg
Athena Class
athena_class_1_by_admiral_horton-d73l92s.jpg (695.43 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Athena Class

Offensive Value: 22
Defensive Value: 26
System Value: 31
Configuration: Support
Crew Capacity: 170
Range: Short
Warp In Slots: 1

Manifest:
- 1x Multi-Target Phaser Array (Can Attack up to 3 Targets)
- Tachyon Surge (Fires a pulse to create an explosion of tachyons in an area nullifying Tachyon and Graviton Pings for 5 seconds)
- [Rank 4] Shield Reverb (Uses a Deflector Beam to use the energy of a ship's shield generator to attack the ships systems guaranteeing disabling at least one, the stronger the ships shields, the longer the random system remains disabled)
- [Veteran] Transwarp Conduit (Creates a Transwarp conduit to go from anywhere in the system, the conduit lasts 3 seconds, and can only open up in friendly sensor range, ships other than the Athena can use the conduit if its still open)

cobra_class_by_admiral_horton-d78ovb7.jpg
Cobra Class
cobra_class_by_admiral_horton-d78ovb7.jpg (350.69 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Cobra Class

Offensive Value: 40
Defensive Value: 36
System Value: 16
Configuration: Destroyer
Size: Small
Crew Capacity: 45
Warp In: 2

Manifest:
- 2x Quantum Torpedoes (Nothing Special)
- [Rank 3] 2x Rapid-Fire Pulsed Phasers
- Tetraburnium Armor Plates (Reduces Disruptor and Phaser Damage by 30%, 20% more vulnerable to Polaron and Plasma weapons, 10% slower repair rate)
- [Rank 5] Tactical Weapon Arrays (Defiant Passive)
- [Veteran] Deflective Shields (Lasts for 7 seconds, has a 80% chance of deflecting torpedoes and 20% chance of deflecting beams)

So, what would you like to tell me about these proposals.
posted on August 18th, 2014, 5:55 pm
Excalibur Class

Offensive Value (R1-R5, V): 53-56-60-65-71-82
Defensive Value (R1-R5, V): 70-74-77-81-84-139
System Value (R1-R5, V): 28-28-28-28-28-31
Configuration: Battleship
Size: Large
Speed: 80
Crew Capacity: 700
Range: Long
Warp In Slots: 5
Veteran Cost: 12/25

Destroyed Cost = 61.1 supply

Manifest:
- 2x Phaser
- 2x Quantum Torpedo
- Fire Control Boost (Temporarily doubles weapon range, but targets beyond sensor range will require a friendly ship to assist with aiming)
- [Rank 4] 1x Phaser
- [Rank 5] Battle Bridge: This vessel consumes one slot less of the Warp-In limitation.
- [Veteran] Transwarp Conduit (Creates a Transwarp conduit to go anywhere in the system, the conduit lasts 3 seconds, and can only open up in friendly sensor range, ships other than the Excalibur can use the conduit if its still open). The Veteran Excalibur's nacelles are green instead of blue.
- [Veteran] Superior ECM (+45% avoidance against pulse and torpedo weapons)
posted on August 18th, 2014, 6:42 pm
HOW DO I ADD THESE IN GAME!!!! :o
posted on October 8th, 2014, 2:36 pm
I've always thought the Achilles-class from Dom Wars might make a nice one (I think a few people mentioned it in the past as a possibility too; it seemed a popular ship); Felt it's 'Phalanx' system would make it quite interesting as a unit (it would be able to 360 torpedoes rapidly, something not many Fed ships can do), and it sort of fits in with the micro-torpedoes the Klingons have (perhaps Starfleet adapted the technology for the Achilles?).

Pics for anyone unfamiliar:
posted on October 8th, 2014, 7:36 pm
It would be nice if we could have more variety of different ships -( warp in and buildable ), but i think that warp in slots should be for more old school ships like ( Galaxy,Nebula,Excelsior,Centaur,Miranda and others... :ermm: :)
On the other hand i think that should be more variety of buildable ships like ones that are shown here!... :thumbsup:

p.s.I would like more variety of old school warp in ships as well!... :whistling: :yes: