A Klingon Ship and two NPCs

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 1:35 am
Last edited by 1337 64M3R on March 7th, 2014, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First off I want to start off with the NPC ships. First off I was thinking that at some point we could have NPCs that could prove interesting if we ever have a story mode. So I'd like to propose that we have some Orion ships.

Orion ship Number 1:

Buccaneer Class (Scavanging) Heavy Cruiser
Estimated Offensive Value: 36
Estimated Defensive Value: 28
Estimated System Value: 10
Ship Size: Large
Weapon Range: Medium
Crew Capacity: 335

Weapon Armament:
- 2x Pulsed Particle Disruptor Cannons
- 2x Nadeon Torpedo Launcher

Information:
This Class vessel debuted in Star Trek: Shattered Universe (Published by TDK MediaActive and Starsphere Interactive) and was a large Orion vessel that was attacking the ISS Excelsior hoping to salvage their ship for parts. The ship had fire power that was reasonably comparable to the Excelsior at that time. And as Orions would be just constantly upgrading their ships so that they can be on par with current ships for their raids. It would be comparable to most heavy cruisers of the time.

Orion Ship Number 2:

Bridgand Class Siege Cruiser
Estimated Offensive Value: 46
Estimated Defensive Value: 34
Estimated System Value: 18
Ship Size: Medium
Weapon Range: Long
Crew Capacity: 280

Weapon Armament:
- 1x Particle Disruptor Beam Array
- 1x Nadeon Torpedo Launcher
- 2x Pulsed Particle Disruptor Beam Cannons

Information:
This ship debuted in Starfleet Command 1 and 2, and also appeared in Star Trek: Shattered Universe. An effective raid vessel that was on par with most higher class vessels of the 23rd century. Few can afford it but they are top of the line ships that the top cartels often own. There are some that have possession of black market weaponry. They are armed to compare with most top of the line ships to protect the core worlds of the Orion Cartels and key shipments.

Klingon Ship:

QuD Class Heavy Destroyer
Estimated Offensive Value: 32
Estimated Defensive Value: 19
Estimated System Value: 8
Ship Size: Small
Weapon Range: Short
Crew Capacity: 45

Weapon Armament:
- 2x Disruptor Cannons
- 1x Ion Torpedo

Information:
This vessel debuted in Starfleet Command 1 (and maybe 2), and also in Star Trek: Shattered Universe. Part of the Bird of Prey family that supposedly may be one of the largest Birds of Prey next to the Negh'Var. Rumored to have been easy to produce from orbital shipyards of Qo'nos that was of equal tier to the Constitution class of the late 23rd century. Originally produced for high speed attacks focused mostly on speed and forward armament instead of Armor and shielding. This would be a ship that would be quick to build that would be an effective attack vessel.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 2:44 am
Well, the QuD isn't that big. According to the KA manual its 153m from bow to stern. Also your model seems to lack the extra disruptors (had staggered wings with disruptors).
posted on March 7th, 2014, 1:11 pm
Squire James wrote:Well, the QuD isn't that big. According to the KA manual its 153m from bow to stern. Also your model seems to lack the extra disruptors (had staggered wings with disruptors).

Well this is the model used in ST:SU. I simply took a picture of it. I dunno much about Klingon Academy. But when I played Starfleet Command 1 it was not to dissimilar in size to the Excelsior. :hmmm: And the same was true in Shattered Universe. But hey, I guess I always learn something extra.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 4:51 pm
A Klingon ship and two NPCs fly into a bar...

Only one ship will leave.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 6:24 pm
Scales in SFC were a bit off. Here are a selection of vessels to scale per KA stats

Attachments

SizeComp.jpg
SizeComp.jpg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
posted on March 7th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Alright... I can understand. I may be wrong on the size. But it can still be a heavy destroyer since according to Memory Beta its said to be developed primarily for high speed strikes. Hence the English translation Insurrection Class.

It would be I guess a less powerful version of the Federation Defiant that features a torpedo right away instead of requiring a rank up. With less defensive value than the Defiant, but faster, and a little bigger. It could classify as a good Small ship for mid-late game?
posted on March 7th, 2014, 7:24 pm
...interesting. I was talking to shadow last night about the Klingons for Tryptic's mod and I'm going to give them a special advanced bird of prey yard with late game variants. Do these ships have models that will work in fleet ops, or are they just for reference?
posted on March 7th, 2014, 7:32 pm
Its just a reference image. However if you happen to know someone who has a copy of Star Trek Shattered Universe you can get very well detailed model views both in game (and in the ship gallery). If you know how to rip off models from PS2 or Xbox games then you are lucky.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 7:40 pm
Well I've already converted these models from SFC (and modified the QuD Class)

Attachments

ShipsConv.png
ShipsConv.png (315.42 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
posted on March 7th, 2014, 7:42 pm
Squire James wrote:Well I've already converted these models from SFC (and modified the QuD Class)

Can you send me copies of those? I'd love a chance to use those in a personal mod.
posted on March 7th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Oh those are pretty!

Same as what 64M3R said, may I have permission to use the Klingon model? Do you have ship icons/topdown/selection silhouettes as well? Because if not I would gladly make and share them.
posted on March 8th, 2014, 12:20 am
I'll send them along to you. I don't have ship icons etc, just wireframe images as my mod uses old A2 style interfaces (partly down to the fact my older GUIs don't seem to like using ship displays properly)
posted on August 18th, 2014, 5:14 pm
By the Fleetops time period, the races in SFC should have retired almost everything except for the X-ships seen in SFCOP, and they would be showing their age. Only a few others, like the Excelsior and B'rel, have survived. If I can ever get my Hydran mod made, the only ship I intend to keep from SFC is the Advanced Cruiser: