New Races ?

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
1, 2
posted on June 11th, 2013, 7:10 pm
Hello, I'm asking for new races.
Are you add new races
for example: cardassian, spezies 8472 ????
thanks for answer :thumbsup:
posted on June 11th, 2013, 7:35 pm
I believe he have talk of the cardassian race but I'm not on.
posted on June 11th, 2013, 10:23 pm
There are plans for more races - Noxter, Ciadan, and Iconians are planed as full races and several others including the Cardassians are planned as "Minor" races - they will not be playable and will have just a few ships/stations that appear on some maps.

Please see the wiki for details on the backstory of these races as well as an overview of their playstyle. http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/apocrypha
posted on June 12th, 2013, 1:52 pm
Oh no! The cardassian are my favorite race! :'(
posted on June 22nd, 2013, 5:45 pm
You can play with the Noxter and the Romulans in the Beta 2 version. Just install into your Mod directory and be ready for battle :-) http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... t&lid=1392

Click here and create your own Cardassian fleet:
http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... eA&show=10

Add Species 8472 to your Fleet:
http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... eA&show=10
posted on June 22nd, 2013, 8:13 pm
Can you just install that beta2 over the existing Fleetops? Also I have the music add one does that make a difference? Thanks for posting that.

I still wish they would add Ferengi marauders and pirates that you and the AI could hire to attack small fleets or mining stations belonging to the enemy.
posted on June 22nd, 2013, 9:59 pm
Changes to the engine make it impossible to simply copy and paste FO2 into FO3, the same way you can't just copy an A1 mod into A2 or an A2 mod into FO3. It could probably be ported without too much difficulty if somebody wants to go through the trouble, though.
posted on June 23rd, 2013, 2:16 am
Oh that is an older version. I thought it was a beta for the new upcoming version. :P
posted on June 23rd, 2013, 7:48 am
Install the older Fleet Ops Beta 2 version somewhere on your hard drive, than copy it into your Fleet Ops Mod directory, than move all the texture files from the RGB directory into the Texture directory. Run the Mod using your FO3 game, select Options --> Mods and run the Beta 2 version and play with the Noxter or the Romulan. It works for me just fine, but sometimes some kind of "black holes" appear instead of the asteroids :-) But the game run just fine.

Anyway, If I have time, I try to create a Cardassian mod for Fleet Ops :-)

Until than, try to find the Star Trek Armada 2 game, with the name "Lee's Armada II", and there you can play with the Cardassian race. It's possible also to install this mod into the Mods directory from Fleet Ops.

Attachments

cardassia.jpg
Cardassian race
cardassia.jpg (75.84 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
posted on June 23rd, 2013, 7:53 pm
Starting to build a Cardassian Mod for Fleet Ops.
You will be able to fight against the Federation or other enemy races like the Borg or the Klingons.

Attachments

FOScreenShot_130625_190959.png
Battle 2
FOScreenShot_130625_190959.png (542.71 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
FOScreenShot_130625_190945.png
Battle
FOScreenShot_130625_190945.png (598.61 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
FOScreenShot_130623_213025.png
Deep Space 9
FOScreenShot_130623_213025.png (490.8 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
posted on September 11th, 2013, 4:05 am
Yes i think that same!

I miss Cardassian's or 8427 or playable Ferengi :D
posted on September 12th, 2013, 5:31 am
I can't put my finger on it but for some reason Cardassians were one of my favorite races in Star Trek even though technically they weren't as powerful as the Romulans or Klingons or the other major players. I think it had to to with their predisposition towards sarcasm. :P
posted on September 13th, 2013, 4:24 pm
The developers have stated that the cardassians will not be playable they will appear as a minor faction.

That is a pitty :( :(

I kind of liked the cardassians too they would have made a grat dirty game play and cunning weapons ability faction!

I would also be interesting to have a new resource for them manpower since they have been raped by the dominion.

But unfortunately that will not happen............

I guess one can not have everything but fleet ops nevertheless is a great game! :thumbsup:
posted on January 24th, 2014, 5:57 am
Here's a Thought! Add something that nobody is expecting. Organians perhaps or even 'Q' ?
posted on February 21st, 2014, 7:09 am
I think Q would be over powered. :lol:
1, 2