Armada 1 lan party on Win7 and Win8.1

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on January 16th, 2016, 9:42 pm
Hello,

I have problem - I have installed Star Trek Armada 1 with patch 1.3 on Win7 and wanted to play on lan with my brother on Win 8.1 - but on Win 8.1 he had to play in sandbox/virtualbox and we did not see each other in LAN game. Is possible to play somehow together over the LAN, or install Star Trek Armada 1 differently as a mod to Fleetops or so?
posted on January 17th, 2016, 1:48 am
well, i have not tried armada 1 lan, so i do not know how it operates. however, a general checklist i run through when my games aren't connecting (as i play alot of old games with my brother) are as follows;

check firewall (both computers)
try switching which computer hosts a game
run program as administrator
if the program has a direct connect feature, try using the IP of the other computer (be sure the computer you're connecting to is hosting and ready)

i also generally try checking to see if hamachi will work. as once when playing command and conquer generals, hamachi connected better then our actual network IP did. :blink:

anyway, that's all the suggestions i can think of, report back if any of these helped/didn't help?
posted on January 17th, 2016, 9:00 am
Tried it... unfortunatelly it does not work :( Found this on internet:
http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/armada/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7279&sid=a705e89c7b681899c455087f04d9e5e4&start=15
Even there I found no solution.

Is there some possibility to run Armada 1 as a mod to Fleet Operations? We have run FO with Armada 2 mod over the lan sucesfully, but Armada 1 (which is better :D) not :(
posted on January 18th, 2016, 12:13 am
O yes A1 better then A2 :D
posted on January 18th, 2016, 9:18 am
asgard wrote:Is there some possibility to run Armada 1 as a mod to Fleet Operations? We have run FO with Armada 2 mod over the lan sucesfully, but Armada 1 (which is better :D) not :(

This is not possible. Armada 2 lacks several features to make this work. There might be a mod for Armada 2 - and i think there is one for FO as well - that tries to replicate Armada 1 gameplay.
Agreed, Armada 1 was certainly better than A2. Also considering it had fewer bugs.
Don't have a solution for you either. I haven't tried playing A1 in LAN for a while.
posted on January 20th, 2016, 8:41 pm
Dont you have a link for A1 mod? Cant found it :( I just love that game..
posted on February 22nd, 2016, 7:08 pm
Is there or isn't there a A1 mod for A2?