Stock A2 Omni Lighting Question

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on January 20th, 2015, 3:16 am
I'm working on a stock A2 version of the Upgrade Project 2014 mod I did for FO and am not sure how to resolve an issue. I have the Omni lights working in game as originally worked on by Freyr/Medafusion many years ago (placing a light source on the map to have moons/wormholes give off light, etc.) Only thing is when in 3D view zooming in too far (and sometimes out too far) makes them turn off and not show constantly on the model and sometimes rotating the camera also makes them shut off until you rotate around to a different position.

I have the "one-in-n-chance-for-light-source" or whatever setting to 1 so it always gives off light and it does just that when in overhead view. It's just the 3D view that is giving me fits. Is this correctable by something in the ART_CFG file with LOD setting or one of the clipping plane settings? I can't quite figure it out.

Nebula have their own lighting and they too sometimes cut the light off when in 3D view. It's like the camera itself makes it cut off depending on view? Is this just a limitation of the engine? Any help is appreciated.