Modular Stations

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1, 2
posted on January 19th, 2008, 11:03 pm
Haven't gotten to test out the patch yet, but I had something like this working in Armada 1 once. It was a mobile station that built pods that built shipyards that built ships. Very funny effect: you start building a ship from one of the shipyard pods and you move the mobile station and the ship stays building where it originally was so you could end up building a ship while you're in the enemy base, get the heck outta there, and just let the enemy have it with the new ship when it's built.

In Armada 1, one interesting thing that happened was that when one of your pods classed as research and pod was destroyed, sometimes an enemy structure (usually a mining station) would replace it, which is odd enough because your ship would fire at itself to destroy the enemy station now attached to it, eventhough your ship doesn't damage itself doing that obviously. I have screenshots of that, really funky stuff. I'm going to test the 1.25 patch out now and see what happens with this.

@Ryan: that'd be pretty cool, making new class labels. A class label editor would be kinda neat in the future. It'd be like cdf (class definition files). Of course, applying modifications to them would make very critical changes and if you don't know exactly what you're doing, you're liable to crash the game / end up with funky errors like LSD screen syndrome (aka Vista sucks syndrome) / freeze the computer / unleash doom / combination of some or all of the above.
posted on January 20th, 2008, 4:21 am
Thats what Doca has done essentially is created a new classlabel. lol funny stuff..and its awesome. I'm about to make my akira class ship have the ability to deploy fighter squadrons.
1, 2